9/19 ESPN Sunday Night Baseball- Tigers @ Sox

LittleHurt05

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Who on this pitching staff can be trusted next season???

as f***ed up as it is for me to say it, Mark Buehrle and if Peavy can actually throw a baseball, him as well. Danks and Floyd and Jackson are guys who either strike you out, or walk the f***ing bases loaded. I want the Twins starting staff, they f***ing know how to throw strikes. Danks and Floyd and as of lately Jackson (as well as his career numbers), can't throw a strike when it matters

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Christopher Sale and Matthew Thornton.

One is probably going to AAA to be stretched out as a starter though (Peavy insurance) unless the sox want to put him in the pen for a full year (or not traded for a bat).

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 05:03 AM)
as f***ed up as it is for me to say it, Mark Buehrle and if Peavy can actually throw a baseball, him as well. Danks and Floyd and Jackson are guys who either strike you out, or walk the f***ing bases loaded. I want the Twins starting staff, they f***ing know how to throw strikes. Danks and Floyd and as of lately Jackson (as well as his career numbers), can't throw a strike when it matters

I don't trust Peavy for one second to stay healthy for an entire season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Christopher Sale and Matthew Thornton.

Sergio will be just fine as well. And then Kenny is going to have to do some work which hopefully doesn't include signing an aging reliever to a billion dollar long term contract again.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 05:04 AM)
well, my point was i can trust him to throw strikes

It matters how good his stuff is when he returns. If his stuff has deteriorated, like it was to start this season, then you never know if he's going to be nibbling again.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
One is probably going to AAA to be stretched out as a starter though (Peavy insurance) unless the sox want to put him in the pen for a full year (or not traded for a bat).

Sale's not going to be traded my friend, I'd bet my left arm on that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:05 PM)
I thought most closers saved almost every game and that's why I almost got banned for praising Bobby.

Unreal man. You didn't almost get banned for praising Bobby and nobody ever made the argument that most closers save every game.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
Sale's not going to be traded my friend, I'd bet my left arm on that.

This is Kenny Williams. (if he's still here) No prospect is safe. :P

I wouldn't mind a thread on some of the knowledgeable posters here on who they would keep and who they wouldn't. I have my personal preference, but I'll be interested to hear some of you guys opinions.