9/19 ESPN Sunday Night Baseball- Tigers @ Sox

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 03:17 AM)
Yeah but Danks was at 101.

The Sox fans who want a higher draft pick should be happy anyway.

Yep, because pitch count is the only important factor when deciding when to pull a pitcher. Nice to see another 9-3 loss coming up again. I repeat, this team has absolutely quit.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, it's just very bad how the Sox are ending the season. Even not winning the division would have been tolerable had the team played better down the stretch.

Time to look ahead to the Bears and Hawks seasons now. So sad, because the Sox are my first love. Oh well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Gotta get it done.

Talk is cheap.

They were danging Hudson and got another starter for him. That was ridiculously dumb.

Just get it done and improve the team.

That was the season right there. Sox stood pat. Team failed.

Wait a minute, you are telling me they were offering too much, but they failed by not getting a trade done? I think it is time to slowly back away...

Sox should tape these Tigers at bats to learn how to hit baseballs on the meat of the bat.

Putz was the savior on this board at one time this season. He's just another hack arm right now. Hopefully he'll be able to pitch the long haul for us next year. He's been pretty ordinary during the Sox second half foldo.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
I'm completely unmotivated to watch these guys even when I have the chance to watch them. I should have listened a couple weeks ago when Ozzie told me not to watch these, "f***ing White Sox,"

Tonight, I've watched when Quentin and Morel batted. Sadly, I had to watch Teahen cause he was batting in between those guys. I didn't see a single pitch Danks threw all night until the Laird AB in the 7th.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Right because we made no attempt to get Lance Berkman or Adam Dunn...

thats why its not all on ozzie about the whole dh thing. kw could have gotten someone at the break and failed to do so. he could have but didnt want to give up anything to get them. and anyways,i dont think the hitting cost us the division, to me it was the pitching. those games the pen blew did it. (cant be blowing 3 run saves)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
Tonight, I've watched when Quentin and Morel batted. Sadly, I had to watch Teahen cause he was batting in between those guys. I didn't see a single pitch Danks threw all night until the Laird AB in the 7th.

I popped in to see Morel and Lillibridge, then i switched back to Family Guy and the Manning Bowl.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
You must be proud of the team quitting on him. He said that if anyone on the team doesn't feel like playing hard down the stretch, they will no longer be with the organization. Well, Ozzie managed tonight's game like he would rather be anywhere else than at the park. Not often you see a starting pitcher allowed to give up 6 base runners in the 7th inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)

So you admittedly watched almost none of the game and you are an expert on Oz's job in tonight's game?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
my god why is this team so bad

Cause now the team is in the April/May mode of pretty much losing every time out, just as during the 25-5 it was winning every night out. Team Dysfunction is what I'd call it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:28 AM)
So you admittedly watched almost none of the game and you are an expert on Oz's job in tonight's game?

Yep, when I see a starting pitcher struggling in the 7th inning, the manager should be pulling him sooner rather than later. Danks gave up 6 EARNED RUNS IN THE 7TH INNING! Think about that....that's inexcusable.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
They're quitters

i cant even say whos fault it is ...kind of dumb to say oz or kw,etc..its the whole organization. kw, ozzie, the players. this team should not be this bad. cant blame one person. cant blame kw or ozzie for danks imploding

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
Yep, when I see a starting pitcher struggling in the 7th inning, the manager should be pulling him sooner rather than later. Danks gave up 6 EARNED RUNS IN THE 7TH INNING! Think about that....that's inexcusable.

Yeah but you marched in the thread like you were assessing Danks/Oz the whole game.

Look, Danks' pitch count was fine. He has to learn how to frankly take the next step. Getting through seven tonight would have been a nice step against a crap team at home. I got no problem leaving him in especially with the Sox bullpen as bad as it is now. 101 pitches shouldn't have been a problem against a crap team like Detroit.

Hopefully that implosion will somehow help Danks in the future. Cause he has to feel like crap for having a s*** ERA tonight after pitching well through six. He's GOT TO go more than six to be a great big league pitcher.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:33 AM)
Yeah but you marched in the thread like you were assessing Danks/Oz the whole game.

Look, Danks' pitch count was fine. He has to learn how to frankly take the next step. Getting through seven tonight would have been a nice step against a crap team at home. I got no problem leaving him in especially with the Sox bullpen as bad as it is now. 101 pitches shouldn't have been a problem against a crap team like Detroit.

You're right, September 19th is a great time to push your players even more against split-squad Tigers lineup. You sound like Chris Rongey, who excuses every Ozzie decision by saying he's trying to raise the confidence level of the player in question.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 02:34 AM)
Ideally, if the losing streak continues someone will have to held accountable. There’s not a chance that actually happens though.

Why?

You going to fire KW for not improving the team at the break?