2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Kurt Thomas has more experience than Jenna Jameson, and he was slow to get out on James when it was obvious a 3 pointer was coming.

Experience is not about doing everything right. The Bulls looked solid for 3 quarters most games and then crapped themselves when the game was on the line. Missing FT, bad shots, not getting into their offense quick enough, see the last play of the game (nobody knew what the f*** was going on)....like chickens with their heads cut off. At least to me, the pressure clearly got to the Bulls at the end of the games.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
It seems like nobody is giving Dallas a chance. I don't get that. They have a better offensive supporting cast than we do and play good enough defense. I think it will be a fun series.

Neither OKC or Dallas play that good of D.

It seems like nobody is giving Dallas a chance. I don't get that. They have a better offensive supporting cast than we do and play good enough defense. I think it will be a fun series.

I don't think we know just how good the Heat can be yet. Heat have homecourt and are playing great basketball.

I'd be completely shocked if they don't roflstomp to a championship.

They don't stand a chance unfortunately.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
It's a lot worse for me. This is the most devastated I can ever remember feeling about a sports team.

Really? I felt a lot worse when the Sox looked like they blew it in 08. I was so down those couple of days.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
You don't think this will ultimately make Derrick a better player? You know this series will motivate him to work like a fiend in the offseason. Rowand, believe me, I hate the f*** out of LeBron and company. Fortunately, I can take solace in the fact that Bulls fans have yet to see his best.

I'm sure he's going to improve but that has nothing to do with this. If he had a bad series, fine, but the way he literally s*** his pants down the stretch in the last 4 games whether he's 22 or 35 or 55 was just pathetic. He was f***in horrendous.

couldnt agree more. while the lakers weren't the same lakers team from the last 2 years, Dallas still manhandled them and had no trouble outgunning durant/westbrook. Plus we know what dirk is capable of making 36/39 shots he took back in game 1, just a tad more efficient than Drose was this series

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
It's a lot worse for me. This is the most devastated I can ever remember feeling about a sports team.

At 14 years old it hurts worse I think. I am completely devastated right now. If I didn't have a job interview in the morning I'd probably have to drink heavily.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Really? I felt a lot worse when the Sox looked like they blew it in 08. I was so down those couple of days.

No matter what, that 08 team never stood a chance to win a World Series imo, nor did I have as much fun watching them through out the season as I did this Bulls team. As far as professional sports go, this Bulls team was the most fun I've had watching one of my teams outside the 05 White Sox. I f***in loved this team and now I'm just absolutely devastated.

I can't say I agree with this. Terry is a bit better than Deng as a #2, but who is their next option? They have a bunch of okay guys around Dirk, no one that can carry them.

They don't have anything close to the wing defenders the Bulls have either, Bogans and Brewer gave Wade fits. Marion might have been able to give Lebron trouble 5 years ago, I kind of doubt it now. Terry and Peja certainly have no chance, and Stephenson is fairly average and awful offensively.

The only way I see Dallas having a chance is if they just shoot the lights out. That's the only edge I think they have over the Bulls. Miami is a more athletic team than them by a wide margin.

The Dallas/Miami series is going to be completely different though. Dallas spreads the court MUCH better than the Bulls. They have multiple 3 PT threats. Not to mention Dallas should have the advantage on the boards with Dirk and Chandler.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
At 14 years old it hurts worse I think. I am completely devastated right now. If I didn't have a job interview in the morning I'd probably have to drink heavily.

Definitely went through my head to call off work tomorrow.

On a side note, I'm already confusing our posts because of the avy's.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
I'm sure he's going to improve but that has nothing to do with this. If he had a bad series, fine, but the way he literally s*** his pants down the stretch in the last 4 games whether he's 22 or 35 or 55 was just pathetic. He was f***in horrendous.

What? He's twenty-f***ing-two years old. The guy has steadily improved in every aspect of the game since entering the league. Why is it out of the realm of possibility for him to improve his poise/composure in high pressure games going forward? Step back off the ledge.

I know their defense does not compare to the Bulls, although I think I'd prefer Chandler over Noah at this point. But their offense is clicking and on fire. They have 5 guys who can easily put up 20 points, while the Bulls only had 3, and that s a huge difference. Plus, DRose got shut down by LeBron's height, that won't work on Dirk. It should be a good, exciting series. I don't want Cuban to win a title, but it's better than LeBron winning.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
What? He's twenty-f***ing-two years old. The guy has steadily improved in every aspect of the game since entering the league. Why is it out of the realm of possibility for him to improve his poise/composure in high pressure games going forward? Step back off the ledge.

It's not. You're right. Any person put into a situation they have never been in before is going to be less comfortable than a situation they have been in. That's just human nature.

rose played poorly, no doubt about it. Im certainly willing to say that. but Im not gonna roast a 22 year old who had to carry the load against the 3 superstars of miami who are all in the prime

Oh man Kendall Gill and Stacey King are just tearing Boozer apart on postgame live

Edited by daa84

Miami is being supremely overrated right now.

They may beat the Mavs, but Mavs have been ridiculously efficient on offense. Unlike the Bulls they have a big man who can shoot a three and that will drag a defender away from the basket.

Its hard to compare because the East and West were just such different finals, the real problem Miami will have is that they really did not shoot well. Unless they get drastically more fts, if they shoot this bad they probably wont beat Dallas scoring 80 points.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I know their defense does not compare to the Bulls, although I think I'd prefer Chandler over Noah at this point. But their offense is clicking and on fire. They have 5 guys who can easily put up 20 points, while the Bulls only had 3, and that s a huge difference. Plus, DRose got shut down by LeBron's height, that won't work on Dirk. It should be a good, exciting series. I don't want Cuban to win a title, but it's better than LeBron winning.

I'd love to see Cuban get a title. That f***er loves the Mavericks.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)

Like I said, I'm sure he will improve in that aspect and every other aspect of his game. My point is that I refuse to give him a pass because of his age in this situation. I really don't care that he's 22, he was downright pathetic down the stretch of these games, period.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
rose played poorly, no doubt about it. Im certainly willing to say that. Im not gonna roast the guy having to carry the load against the 3 some of miami.

Oh man Kendall Gill and Stacey King are just tearing Boozer apart on postgame live

Good. somebody should. Too bad we're stuck with him. :(

His scoring isn't enough to offset all his other deficiencies.

LOL 5 YEAR CONTRACT.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)

My only solace is that after the Bulls, my favorite teams are Phoenix and Dallas, so I'm all Mavs this series, even if it were a non-Heat or Bulls Eastern team.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)

I know he loves the Mavs. I go back & forth about it. Sometimes I enjoy his entusiasm, but sometimes I think he needs to back the f*** up and let his team play, it may hurt more than help. Either way, I'm rooting like hell for Dirk right now!