White Sox trade Scott Linebrink to Braves

pmcochr

Cofield was one of six players in the Braves organization who played in the AFL. Apparently he has a good body type and nice velocity. Cox has liked him dating back to 2007/2008.

This isn't a bad deal, especially if there is no salary involved. I wonder what he did in the AFL.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Cofield was one of six players in the Braves organization who played in the AFL. Apparently he has a good body type and nice velocity. Cox has liked him dating back to 2007/2008.

This isn't a bad deal, especially if there is no salary involved. I wonder what he did in the AFL.

:lolhitting Of course, KW gets an AFL guy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)

He pitched one inning in the AFL.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I'll be curious as to what our bullpen situation looks like this year. Right now, we have:

Closer - Thornton

Set-Up - ??

MR - ??

MR - ??

MR- ??

LR - ??

D.J. Carrasco was non-tendered yesterday. Bring him back?

Santos is in there somewhere.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
I'll be curious as to what our bullpen situation looks like this year. Right now, we have:

Closer - Thornton

Set-Up - ??

MR - ??

MR - ??

MR- ??

LR - ??

D.J. Carrasco was non-tendered yesterday. Bring him back?

Santos for sure and I'd say there's about a 95 percent shot that Sale is going to be in there as well.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Santos is in there somewhere.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Santos for sure and I'd say there's about a 95 percent shot that Sale is going to be in there as well.

Yeah major brain fart on Santos. I intentionally excluded Sale.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
I actually think Teahen could have a Mark Derosa-esque effect off the bench for this team.

Unfortunately, two of the guys he would back up, Dunn and Quentin, both hit righties better than lefties, so his value would be minimal there. Also, with Vizquel on the bench, there is absolutely no need for Teahen to ever play 3B. So that really only leaves 1B as a decent bench option and you have Dunn available for those few occasions. The way this team is currently constructed, there's little reason to keep Teahen around.