MLB network trade idea

southsider2k5

That deal doesn't make any sense for the Sox. The Sox had the option of non-tending CQ but didn't. If the Phils had the option of non-tending Ibanez they would have, and if they could give away Blanton they'd probably do that too, just for salary relief.

One deal that would make sense to me would be Blanton to SEA for Aardsma, straight up. The Phils could then spin Aardsma off elsewhere for total salary relief while getting a prospect or two in the process. For the Mariners, Blanton would give them a bit more stability and could up his value playing in SafeCo. Would be a nice fit IMO.

I don't think the Sox make good trading partners for Philly though. I'd happily do Teahen for Blanton and even throw in a couple pretty decent prospects since I think Blanton is movable while Teahen is not. That would be a great deal for us because we'd have a Peavy fill in, and by the time Peavy was 100% someone else in baseball would need a starter, and so we'd have a pretty good shot at just dumping that contract outright IMO. But that's just wishful thinking.