IHSA playoff thread hoops

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
If East Aurora makes it down there and plays Simeon or Young it would be a real good show.

That would be the matchup in the first semi of 4A on Friday night. Others guys would have to step up for East Aurora outside of Boatright.

My Rockford East E-Rabs lose a heartbreaker to Aurora Central Catholic in the sectional final. Up by three with 10 seconds left, ACC hits a three to send it into overtime, and the Chargers end up winning. East probably would have lost to Rock Island in the supers, but I was looking forward to watching them at NIU.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 06:15 AM)
You say that like he's going to some D2 program. He's only going to the best conference in college basketball.

All I meant by that is location.

Why would he want to go all the way to UConn? That's a long way away and Calhoun is not exactly Mr. Personality.

Big miss by Illinois, some other Big 10 schools, Kansas. This guy can score and everybody needs a scorer.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Come on WARREN!!!! vs. Simeon tonight for the title.

Simeon is going to win their 2nd straight title with a very good chance at winning it the next two years as well to join Peoria Manual as the only school to win 4 straight. Of course Manual's run was more impressive (assuming Simeon even gets to 4) because there were only 2 classes and some of the teams they beat were just absolutely unreal.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Simeon is going to win their 2nd straight title with a very good chance at winning it the next two years as well to join Peoria Manual as the only school to win 4 straight. Of course Manual's run was more impressive (assuming Simeon even gets to 4) because there were only 2 classes and some of the teams they beat were just absolutely unreal.

Didn't they beat a Thornton team with future pros like Randle El, Melvin Ely, Napolean Harris? I think I may be missing someone too, that is a ton of athletic talent.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
so much for that prediction.... :headbang Big props to Rock Island

George Marshall no showed the semifinal. Rock Island owned them. The 3A title game vs Centralia was the worst 2OT game ever.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
George Marshall no showed the semifinal. Rock Island owned them. The 3A title game vs Centralia was the worst 2OT game ever.

i didnt get a chance to see any of the games i was just rooting for my old highschools rival