Carbondale People

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Hey, didn't know the appropriate forum to post this in but down in Cdale I don't have many friends that follow the Wsox, all Cardinal/Cub lovers, was wondering how many of Soxtalkers are down here that would be cool with catching a game from time to time.

Go to Pinch, there will be plenty of Sox fans there.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
Hey, didn't know the appropriate forum to post this in but down in Cdale I don't have many friends that follow the Wsox, all Cardinal/Cub lovers, was wondering how many of Soxtalkers are down here that would be cool with catching a game from time to time.

I'm down. Only here through July though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)

Did not know that, I've always tried Buffalo Wild Wings in past and crowd was kind of lackluster...

Also Scottydo thats cool, give me a message and we can work something out.

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)

pffft, go to Key West, the owner(my former boss) Jeff Formentini is a huge Sox fan. It will always be on in that bar

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
pffft, go to Key West, the owner(my former boss) Jeff Formentini is a huge Sox fan. It will always be on in that bar

I've been to the Key West several times. A damn good band named The Ivas John Band used to play there regularly.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)

The co-owner of Key West is a former southsider and huge Sox fan and games are show there. Good food also. The Cellar is a great place to watch baseball. Lots of Cub & Cardinal fans, but several fans of other teams too. Plenty of TV's and no chain franchise atmosphere. The owner is a laid back Cubs fan who just enjoys baseball. They serve a pretty decent Italian beef sandwich. They used to set up a hog dog steamer for Opening Day, not sure if they still do. Gotta be 21 to enter.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
I've been to the Key West several times. A damn good band named The Ivas John Band used to play there regularly.

Ivas and Key West had a parting of ways a few months ago, but the bar still has music on Sunday nights and occasionally on a Friday or Saturday.

QUOTE (SoIL @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Ivas and Key West had a parting of ways a few months ago, but the bar still has music on Sunday nights and occasionally on a Friday or Saturday.

So if I was just looking to watch the game with a bunch of sox fans Key West is the place to go? I have a friend who goes to the Cellar all the time but she is a Cubby fan so meh on that.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
So if I was just looking to watch the game with a bunch of sox fans Key West is the place to go? I have a friend who goes to the Cellar all the time but she is a Cubby fan so meh on that.

Why is she your friend? Are you using her for something? Money? Power?

/green

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)

I don't know if you'll find a "bunch" of Sox fans anywhere, but Key West would be a very fine place to watch Sox games. It's probably be the most Sox friendly bar in town.

QUOTE (SoIL @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)

I'm really sorry to hear that. I enjoy Ivas' music. I have his first CD and will get the new one. I knew he hadn't played there in a while, but didn't know why.