I have draft regret

Just finished my draft. We had the pick time set to 30 seconds, so on a few of my picks I was freaking out trying to get a player. My first two picks were solid w/ Miggy and Tulo, but then my draft went downhill.......

C Miguel Montero, Ari C

1B Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B

2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B

3B Casey McGehee, Mil 3B

SS Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS

OF Mike Stanton, Fla OF

OF Colby Rasmus, StL OF

OF Marlon Byrd, ChC OF

OF Coco Crisp, Oak OF

Bench James Loney, LAD 1B

Bench J.P. Arencibia, Tor C

P Tommy Hanson, Atl SP

P Shaun Marcum, Mil SP

P Joe Nathan, Min RP

P Andrew Bailey, Oak RP

P C.J. Wilson, Tex SP

P Mike Adams, SD RP

Bench Jaime Garcia, StL SP

Bench Gio Gonzalez, Oak SP

Bench Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP

My offense is pretty decent, but my starting pitching is awful. Nathan, Bailey, and Adams are all studs, but Hanson, Marcum, Wilson, Garcia, Gio, and Jurrjens are all toss-ups. No starter that I am confident in.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Just finished my draft. We had the pick time set to 30 seconds, so on a few of my picks I was freaking out trying to get a player. My first two picks were solid w/ Miggy and Tulo, but then my draft went downhill.......

C Miguel Montero, Ari C

1B Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B

2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B

3B Casey McGehee, Mil 3B

SS Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS

OF Mike Stanton, Fla OF

OF Colby Rasmus, StL OF

OF Marlon Byrd, ChC OF

OF Coco Crisp, Oak OF

Bench James Loney, LAD 1B

Bench J.P. Arencibia, Tor C

P Tommy Hanson, Atl SP

P Shaun Marcum, Mil SP

P Joe Nathan, Min RP

P Andrew Bailey, Oak RP

P C.J. Wilson, Tex SP

P Mike Adams, SD RP

Bench Jaime Garcia, StL SP

Bench Gio Gonzalez, Oak SP

Bench Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP

My offense is pretty decent, but my starting pitching is awful. Nathan, Bailey, and Adams are all studs, but Hanson, Marcum, Wilson, Garcia, Gio, and Jurrjens are all toss-ups. No starter that I am confident in.

30 seconds? I'd botch a few picks, too. Especially the later rounds. I like your offense for the most part. Depending on the size of the league, I would never roster guys like Marlon Byrd or James Loney. I like Arencibia as your backup C. I think he's got mad sleeper potential. Hanson is a stud. I don't know why you're questioning that pick. The rest of your staff would be solid if you had 1 or 2 more top-end guys, to go along with Hanson. I wouldn't trip when it comes to relievers. Billy Wagner bounced back just fine a year after TJ, and I believe Nathan is of similar ilk. Bailey might start the season on the DL. I suggest you ditch Adams and scoop up Brian Fuentes if he's still available. But yeah, closer is the easiest position in fantasy baseball to fill. There will be a ton of guys that either get hurt or demoted due to lack of performance (I.E. Jonathan Broxton). Just stay active on the FA/waiver wire.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
30 seconds? I'd botch a few picks, too. Especially the later rounds. I like your offense for the most part. Depending on the size of the league, I would never roster guys like Marlon Byrd or James Loney. I like Arencibia as your backup C. I think he's got mad sleeper potential. Hanson is a stud. I don't know why you're questioning that pick. The rest of your staff would be solid if you had 1 or 2 more top-end guys, to go along with Hanson. I wouldn't trip when it comes to relievers. Billy Wagner bounced back just fine a year after TJ, and I believe Nathan is of similar ilk. Bailey might start the season on the DL. I suggest you ditch Adams and scoop up Brian Fuentes if he's still available. But yeah, closer is the easiest position in fantasy baseball to fill. There will be a ton of guys that either get hurt or demoted due to lack of performance (I.E. Jonathan Broxton). Just stay active on the FA/waiver wire.

14 team league, so there is really nothing of value on the FA market.

And I am not really disappointed that I have Hanson, just that I took him w/ my 3rd pick.

Here are my RD selections....

MIGHTY MIGHTY MOOSEKNUCKLES

11 Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B

18 Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS

39 Tommy Hanson, Atl SP

46 Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B

67 Mike Stanton, Fla OF

74 Colby Rasmus, StL OF

95 Casey McGehee, Mil 3B

102 Miguel Montero, Ari C

123 Shaun Marcum, Mil SP

130 Joe Nathan, Min RP

151 Marlon Byrd, ChC OF

158 Andrew Bailey, Oak RP

179 Jaime Garcia, StL SP

186 C.J. Wilson, Tex SP

207 Coco Crisp, Oak OF

214 James Loney, LAD 1B

235 Gio Gonzalez, Oak SP

242 J.P. Arencibia, Tor C

263 Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP

270 Mike Adams, SD RP

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
14 team league, so there is really nothing of value on the FA market.

And I am not really disappointed that I have Hanson, just that I took him w/ my 3rd pick.

Here are my RD selections....

MIGHTY MIGHTY MOOSEKNUCKLES

11 Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B

18 Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS

39 Tommy Hanson, Atl SP

46 Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B

67 Mike Stanton, Fla OF

74 Colby Rasmus, StL OF

95 Casey McGehee, Mil 3B

102 Miguel Montero, Ari C

123 Shaun Marcum, Mil SP

130 Joe Nathan, Min RP

151 Marlon Byrd, ChC OF

158 Andrew Bailey, Oak RP

179 Jaime Garcia, StL SP

186 C.J. Wilson, Tex SP

207 Coco Crisp, Oak OF

214 James Loney, LAD 1B

235 Gio Gonzalez, Oak SP

242 J.P. Arencibia, Tor C

263 Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP

270 Mike Adams, SD RP

You could've probably waited a round or 2 on Hanson. And I think you took Stanton and Rasmus a little early. But again, unless you have a cheat sheet on hand, I can see how a 30-second limit to make your picks would cause you to botch a few. Again, don't worry about closers. They'll be 1 or 2 popping up every week or at the least every other week. I'd probably shop Rasmus for a SP if I were you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
You could've probably waited a round or 2 on Hanson. And I think you took Stanton and Rasmus a little early. But again, unless you have a cheat sheet on hand, I can see how a 30-second limit to make your picks would cause you to botch a few. Again, don't worry about closers. They'll be 1 or 2 popping up every week or at the least every other week. I'd probably shop Rasmus for a SP if I were you.

Hanson was my first "Oh s***, I have 3 seconds left" pick. My second was Stanton (although I'm happy I have him), my third was Bryd, and my fourth was Crisp.

And I'm not worried about closers at all. I think Bailey and Nathan will be studs.

And yeah, I want to get an SP through trade. I know my Dbacks friend already said he wants Montero from me, so I am trying to figure out who I want from him. I am thinking maybe Montero and Adams for Wieters and Feliz.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
Hanson was my first "Oh s***, I have 3 seconds left" pick. My second was Stanton (although I'm happy I have him), my third was Bryd, and my fourth was Crisp.

And I'm not worried about closers at all. I think Bailey and Nathan will be studs.

And yeah, I want to get an SP through trade. I know my Dbacks friend already said he wants Montero from me, so I am trying to figure out who I want from him. I am thinking maybe Montero and Adams for Wieters and Feliz.

Just so you know, Feliz will be closing. It's final now. http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6254257

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
Kinda off topic but what's Miguel Montero projected to be like in 2011?

Should I drop AJ for him?

He'll hit around .275, maybe 15 homers. His questionable attribute is his health.. 2 of the last 3 years, he's played less than 90 games.

Montero has been pretty great for me so far. I got Montero and Arrencibia, so my catchers are looking stout.

I currently have a trade offered to a guy. I am offering Joe Nathan and Marlon Bryd for Hunter Pence and Joakim Soria. I doubt he agrees to it though. Every trade I've offered has been rejected, even when I offered Bryd and Jurrjens for Rios and Morel. I thought that was a pretty good trade for him considering he didn't even have enough pitchers to fill a team, and Jurrjens wasn't injured yet.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Montero has been pretty great for me so far. I got Montero and Arrencibia, so my catchers are looking stout.

I currently have a trade offered to a guy. I am offering Joe Nathan and Marlon Bryd for Hunter Pence and Joakim Soria. I doubt he agrees to it though. Every trade I've offered has been rejected, even when I offered Bryd and Jurrjens for Rios and Morel. I thought that was a pretty good trade for him considering he didn't even have enough pitchers to fill a team, and Jurrjens wasn't injured yet.

Failure. Soria > Nathan. Pence >>> Byrd

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)

I managed to scoop up Arrencibia in the last two days, before anyone else could. In one league I have him sitting behind Buster and Weiters, in the other league I have him behind Buster and Montero (who I picked up on your advice early).

In genearal, playing in two POINTS league this year, and it's crazy how standings are changing daily. Not used to points on yahoo, always used to do H2H.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
That is kind of how I felt when I proposed it, but the guy accepted it instantly. It made me pause to see if I was missing something.

Hanley is hitting under .200 so I'm sure the guy is worried about him. I think he'll be fine and that should be a great trade for you

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Hanley is hitting under .200 so I'm sure the guy is worried about him. I think he'll be fine and that should be a great trade for you

Honestly that was the reason I proposed the trade even. I was hoping to see someone panic. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Coolness. Hanley was off the board before I could even pick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Honestly that was the reason I proposed the trade even. I was hoping to see someone panic. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Coolness. Hanley was off the board before I could even pick.

He's arguably the best player in fantasy baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)

Hanley hit his first homer today and got back to the .200 mark.

Need a 1st baseman to replace Panda, who should I pick up off waivers? Moreland, LaPorta, Huff, Freeman? Any other sleepers out there?