Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
Please let some team be dumb enough to be sucked in by Alex's 'tools'.

The question is if he's lost his bat speed and ability. Between the 2nd half last year and the start of this year, his bat is dragging.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)
We'd have to eat some of the contract. But I still think the Braves would be interested. Bad as Rios is. He dwarfs McClouth.

They have enough prospects where they could trade for someone cheaper and better without giving up their main guys like Vizcaino, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
They have enough prospects where they could trade for someone cheaper and better without giving up their main guys like Vizcaino, etc.

Let me dream. And their farm is so deep, I'd be content with even some of their secondary pitching prospects.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
JD is a second-tier pitcher that will be looking for ace money. And he'll get it. I hope it's not from us.

I think most of us agree with you on this. He'll be traded this offseason, there's very little doubt of that. With that said, starting pitching in our organization is more dire than ever after this season. If Sale can't transition into being a starter, we'll long for the days of Danny Wright in the rotation.