Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:33 AM)
Stop with your pipe dreams of Ozzie being fired during the year. JR won't do that to him.

Most years I'd agree, but I truly think if this team continues to suck and play terrible baseball, he'll be gone.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
Quentin, Danks, Buehrle. Left handed starters and slugging outfielders = Big return by desperate teams.

Reports are that Quentin drew limited interest this last offseason, while Buehrle would be a rental that wouldn't get you much. Danks is far and away our best chip.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Obviously if this organization wakes up enough to fire Ozzie, they'll choose the only acceptable man to follow him - Joey Cora.

Cora blows he can go I want all of his staff gone.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Quentin, Danks, Buehrle. Left handed starters and slugging outfielders = Big return by desperate teams.

I don't see how they can trade Danks. That would leave no pitching for next year. Floyd and who? We would be in for serious rebuilding.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Reports are that Quentin drew limited interest this last offseason, while Buehrle would be a rental that wouldn't get you much. Danks is far and away our best chip.

Yeah, but Quentin had a couple down years after his wrist, if he continues to rake they can sell him as being "back". I mean, if he's anywhere around .280 w/ decent power numbers, teams will bite. Danks would probably bring back a good amount of useful talent and if Buehrle is Buehrle some one is going to want that in their rotation.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
I don't see how they can trade Danks. That would leave no pitching for next year. Floyd and who? We would be in for serious rebuilding.

MB and EJ are gone, Danks is here to stay.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Honestly, I think it's more likely that EJax will get resigned than Danks.

As of last week they were confident that Danks would be signed.