Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)
At some point your players have to put it together. The pen has imploded, and the lineup has gone cold. One run out of this lineup is a joke no matter what night it is, even with a bunt or two. The 3,4,5 hitters on this team need to f***ing hit the damn ball and the rest of the guys need to slap some singles. I'm not sure how anyone in baseball could have managed a win with the performance by our offense today. Sucks for Danks who is having a stellar season.

Yes, the offense is slumping, but giving up outs isn't going to make it any better. The bunt has failed so much already this year, it's time to try something new.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
completely agree. but i love ozzie so thats tough. fine, get rid of everyone except for ozzie lol

hahaha so this all stems from an irrational love of ozzie.

whatta u like about him?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
i think we're all on this board because we care...

meaning theres a lot of things we can point to , but "fire ozzie!" yea,well whats the point in posting that,what does that mean?lets just not blame the players? i dont know, its done with, win tomarrow

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
Definitely, the dude has done a hell of a job so far and has an 0-2 record to show for it.

So at what point do we look at the slow starts as less a product of talent than outside factors? This team is clearly better than last years but is quickly headed in the same direction. I know its early and all but digging a hole to climb out of is never a good way to run a team.

I'm starting to think it's a leadership problem in the clubhouse for several bad seasons in a row.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
FIRE GUILLEN!

I don't think Ozzie is going to go, and I don't think he's actually deserved it to this point, but it will be interesting when the Sox someday have a less arrogant, better spoken skipper, who doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth. I really do think a lot of players have had their fill of him and probably agree with Jenks even though he wasn't very popular in the clubhouse. I guess even baseball players don't think its cool to blow your nose on your sleeve when you are being interviewed.

Guillen really needs to go. He will continue to throw away outs left and right as he tries to convince himself we are a small ball team. I still like this team a lot, but I'm 100% certain Guillen will limit our potential. His idiotic philosophies could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs in the end.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
It's so much more satisfying to b**** and moan. I paid 100$ for the mlb.tv season and that's a lot of money for me -_-. I have the right to b**** when these f***ers suck.

trust me am pissed to BUT this team just has to much talent we will get it rolling..........

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
hahaha so this all stems from an irrational love of ozzie.

whatta u like about him?

you're absolutely right lol i do love him and why? i dont know lol i guess its wrong, but i like him a lot as a person and hes so different compared to other managers(not boring) but yea, i over look his very questionable managing

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
I'm starting to think it's a leadership problem in the clubhouse for several bad seasons in a row.

Lots of people in the media believe the man to blame for bad leadership almost went to the Dodgers via free agency. Considering Buehrle and Konerko are the only two constants for the players (along with AJ), I think you'd have to look at Ozzie and see if maybe there's a disconnect.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:07 AM)
you're absolutely right lol i do love him and why? i dont know lol i guess its wrong, but i like him a lot as a person and hes so different compared to other managers(not boring) but yea, i over look his very questionable managing

Ugh, I hate this. On the field, he's as boring as anyone. Never does anything creative.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Guillen really needs to go. He will continue to throw away outs left and right as he tries to convince himself we are a small ball team. I still like this team a lot, but I'm 100% certain Guillen will limit our potential. His idiotic philosophies could be the difference between making and missing the playoffs in the end.

and replace him with who,ill take my chances with OZZIE

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
and replace him with who,ill take my chances with OZZIE

That's the huge problem. I'm not an Ozzie guy, but if my choices are Ozzie, Cora or Buddy Bell, I'm Ozzie's biggest backer. The Sox thought they were geniuses for firing Gene LaMont in 1995 less than 30 games into a season after he led the Sox to back to back division titles. They replaced him with Terry Bevington.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:09 AM)
Biggest problem on this club, the hitting or pitching?

Hitting, not even close. In most of these games, they're not even hitting the ball hard. Dunn and Rios have hit maybe 6 balls hard all season, and most of Beckham's outs have been pathetic.

feel bad for Dunn. Dude was hitting the ball pretty hard before his appendix revolted. Hope he gets his groove back soon, we need someone's bat to pull the rest out of this funk.

But the only team I'm looking at in the standings is losing again tonight, so that makes the slump easier to swallow.

They'll snap out of this. And that's not just blind optimism. You're going to be big fans of the 2011 White Sox. Give it more than just 16 games.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:11 AM)
Neither, it's the managing. The hitting and pitching will at least come around.

Good hitting and good pitching can hide 99% of managerial issues. It's when the hitting and pitching are struggling where you need to steal games, and I think Ozzie is poor at that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
Hitting, not even close. In most of these games, they're not even hitting the ball hard. Dunn and Rios have hit maybe 6 balls hard all season, and most of Beckham's outs have been pathetic.

18th in ERA

23rd in baa

10th in batting avg

14th obp

13th in ops

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
feel bad for Dunn. Dude was hitting the ball pretty hard before his appendix revolted. Hope he gets his groove back soon, we need someone's bat to pull the rest out of this funk.

But the only team I'm looking at in the standings is losing again tonight, so that makes the slump easier to swallow.

They'll snap out of this. And that's not just blind optimism. You're going to be big fans of the 2011 White Sox. Give it more than just 16 games.

Why does it feel that I'm the only person who thinks the Tigers have the most talent in the AL Central?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
That's the huge problem. I'm not an Ozzie guy, but if my choices are Ozzie, Cora or Buddy Bell, I'm Ozzie's biggest backer. The Sox thought they were geniuses for firing Gene LaMont in 1995 less than 30 games into a season after he led the Sox to back to back division titles. They replaced him with Terry Bevington.

i miss the vomit emoticon