Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
never. A week ago Beckham was hitting .333 with an OPS over .900.

That's fair. But I think it's safe to say that Gordon's star has fallen considerably since he was deemed the next great 2B pre-2010. It's not like he's 21 or 22. He's 25, I think. Or almost.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
just think of the people that call ozzie a moron,but there is nobody on this board that know a fraction of what that man knows about baseball like him or not he still is a good manager the same manager that won in 2005 when everybody was all over his hog,,,,,,hey why dont we talk about KW dont he have some blame ?

2005 was 6 years ago. And it was largely due to an unstoppable pitching staff from top to bottom, not brilliant managerial moves or strategy.

Winning 6 years ago doesn't excuse the next 5 years of poor game management. Giving up outs with dumb bunts, giving up outs with unnecessary steals, lefty-righty obsession, bizarre bullpen choices.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
KW has been worse than Ozzie over the last 3+ years.

I've been pointing out for years KW plans C D and E have been much better historically than plans A and B. Just look at 2005. Plan A was Jared Wright pitching and Ben Davis catching. When he has some money to burn, he gets plan A and B.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Yup, guy has been on fire and he and Omar have the 2 highest obp so far. I'm willing to try anything.

Couldn't be worse then Pierre. How would you fill in the rest of the lineup?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
2005 was 6 years ago. And it was largely due to an unstoppable pitching staff from top to bottom, not brilliant managerial moves or strategy.

Winning 6 years ago doesn't excuse the next 5 years of poor game management. Giving up outs with dumb bunts, giving up outs with unnecessary steals, lefty-righty obsession, bizarre bullpen choices.

What team wins because of brilliant managerial moves and strategy?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
That's fair. But I think it's safe to say that Gordon's star has fallen considerably since he was deemed the next great 2B pre-2010. It's not like he's 21 or 22. He's 25, I think. Or almost.

25 in September, this is the year he kind of has to show up.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)

And lest not forget all of the boneheaded moves he made in 2005 as well. Luckily the pitching staff was too good to be "Ozzied" out of the race.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
And lest not forget all of the boneheaded moves he made in 2005 as well. Luckily the pitching staff was too good to be "Ozzied" out of the race.

It would have taken something special to screw up their performance in the post season.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
It would have taken something special to screw up their performance in the post season.

Like not using dye in the 3 hole, taking out our starting pitchers in the alcs and not putting in el duque to save us in Boston

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Make that trade in a heartbeat

I wouldn't say a heartbeat. But I'd definitely think about it. I'm not making excuses for Alex. But I feel he was mishandled prior to this year. On a team as bad as the Royals, he should've been given the chance to f*** up over and over and over again until he got it right. Sorta like Matt Wieters.