Five is Enough - Turning this S*** Around Game Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
did u not see beckhams god awful ab last time up? then he hits into a dp and why wasnt he bunting

lol really?

i don't care HOW bad his AB was. you don't just GIVE UP an out with Juan Pierre on first. have him steal for christ sake

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Right now, Dunn's swinging an invisible bat. Just a whopping number of strike outs...he'd made Jordan Danks, Jared Mitchell, and Tyler Flowers blush.

He'll do that. Those guys with they could put up a 900 ops in the majors.

Shields with a gem. f***.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)
lol really?

i don't care HOW bad his AB was. you don't just GIVE UP an out with Juan Pierre on first. have him steal for christ sake

I'm sure that bunting will pay off sometime this year...we're about 0-9 with it so far.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)
Shields with a gem. f***.

He threw meatballs in the 9th, but we just can't square up a f***ing 92 mph fastball. I've never seen our hitters chase so many 2 strike fastballs.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
lol really?

what difference does it make,with those dreadful ab's by dunn and pk. and i doubt gordon does anything,we suck and thats it. go and get em tomarrow :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
I'm sure that bunting will pay off sometime this year...we're about 0-9 with it so far.

and when it does, ozzie will be like "see? bunting work like i been saying all year long! I no bunt we no win dis ballgame"

and he'll just keeeeep on doing it.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
did u not see beckhams god awful ab last time up? then he hits into a dp and why wasnt he bunting

Why is it always assumed a DP when a bunt is called? How often does Beckham hit into DPs? A lot less than he reaches base. Why not try a hit and run or have Beckham try to hit the ball to the right side. If Dunn gets a hit, there's a decent chance its for extra bases or maybe he coaxes a walk and even if Beckham doesn't advance him Pierre is on second.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
what difference does it make,with those dreadful ab's by dunn and pk. and i doubt gordon does anything,we suck and thats it. go and get em tomarrow :)

yeah who knows, maybe with 2 on no out maddon goes to the pen and it's a different story. Beckham gets out, well then it wouldn't have changed the outcome. As it was, you were GUARANTEEING that it would be harder to win.

Odds of scoring go significantly down from 1 on no out to 1 on 1 out

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Why is it always assumed a DP when a bunt is called? How often does Beckham hit into DPs? A lot less than he reaches base. Why not try a hit and run or have Beckham try to hit the ball to the right side. If Dunn gets a hit, there's a decent chance its for extra bases or maybe he coaxes a walk and even if Beckham doesn't advance him Pierre is on second.

Most likely Ozzie knew there was a 100 percent better chance of konerko getting a hit than beckham and Dunn. And I can't say I disagree with him there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)

We only hit and run with Quentin up and Konerko on base. This managing is just comical.