White Sox (Humber) v. Yankees (Burnett) 6:05pm

Reddy

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
Well, that was a pathetic at bat by Morel. He'll be back in Charlotte by mid May. You really shouldn't be playing in our park with a corner infielder who has no power.

I'm pretty sure he does have power. The problem is that he's on the 2009 Josh Fields hitting routine right now.

How does Fields go from hitting 23 homers in about 300 ABs in 2007 to becoming a power-less below .400 SLG hitter in a matter of 2 years? Sure, his 2008 was pretty bad, but I don't see how a player's ability to hit for power can be killed that easily unless he was hurt and is still hurt.

It looks as if Morel is on the same road. He had a lot of power last year and had a couple of home runs in a very limited stretch. Then he comes into this year hitting nothing but singles and ground balls. Something's gotta give. I'm not saying Morel is anywhere the power hitter Josh Fields was in 07, but it's just a weird trend that I see.

AND WTF, STOP WITH THE f***ING BUNTS!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
I'm pretty sure he does have power. The problem is that he's on the 2009 Josh Fields hitting routine right now.

How does Fields go from hitting 23 homers in about 300 ABs in 2007 to becoming a power-less below .400 SLG hitter in a matter of 2 years? Sure, his 2008 was pretty bad, but I don't see how a player's ability to hit for power can be killed that easily unless he was hurt and is still hurt.

It looks as if Morel is on the same road. He had a lot of power last year and had a couple of home runs in a very limited stretch. Then he comes into this year hitting nothing but singles and ground balls. Something's gotta give. I'm not saying Morel is anywhere the power hitter Josh Fields was in 07, but it's just a weird trend that I see.

AND WTF, STOP WITH THE f***ING BUNTS!

He's never hit for a lot of power. At best, scouts projected 15-20 in the majors. But yes, it's pathetic how awful Walker is with young talent.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
He's never hit for a lot of power. At best, scouts projected 15-20 in the majors. But yes, it's pathetic how awful Walker is with young talent.

Morel had an ISO of .183 in AAA last year. .185 in his brief stint with the Sox. Those are decent marks that represent a 15-20 home run hitter. Morel looks like he might hit 1 home run all year right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Well, that was a pathetic at bat by Morel. He'll be back in Charlotte by mid May. You really shouldn't be playing in our park with a corner infielder who has no power.

I vote for bringing up Dayan and telling him to learn 3B, really. Either that or stick him in right, put TCQ in left and put someone else at leadoff. This lineup needs some punch and yes, we make way too many easy outs...

humber has had a nice start so far...but hes gotten away with more than a couple hanging breaking balls and change ups....

great 1-2 pitch tehre though --looked like it came back to get the corner

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:58 AM)
Morel had an ISO of .183 in AAA last year. .185 in his brief stint with the Sox. Those are decent marks that represent a 15-20 home run hitter. Morel looks like he might hit 1 home run all year right now.

The best observation, in a serious tone, I've heard all year was when I was at the Cell and a fan literally asked "why is Humber batting" when it was Morel up.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:59 AM)
I vote for bringing up Dayan and telling him to learn 3B, really. Either that or stick him in right, put TCQ in left and put someone else at leadoff. This lineup needs some punch and yes, we make way too many easy outs...

I'm all for that also. If Viciedo was so untouchable last season, it seems odd that the plan was to keep him in the minors all this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
I'm all for that also. If Viciedo was so untouchable last season, it seems odd that the plan was to keep him in the minors all this year.

I was worried that Morel would turn out to be another BA (awarded the job as a rookie prior to ST even though some lip service was paid to Teahen) this year and it appears its turning out that way. On another note it's pretty sad we call a runner on 2nd base with no outs a "golden opportunity"....that pretty much describes how bad this offense has been