Osama's Dead Sox Not Yet Game Thread

Yeah, another failed steal attempt (squandered baserunner).

This time, he asks a guy to steal just seconds after getting pegged in the f***ing elbow. Genius.

Go Ozzie!

Edited by Andrew

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
Rios swinging the bat really well tonight. Just when you get excited, you get frustrated by another stupid caught stealing.

Yes, it's stupid because sitting back and waiting for the home run has been doing well for the offense lately. Or maybe it's the extremely high rate of hits our offense is producing.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
Yeah, another failed steal attempt (squandered baserunner).

This time, he asks a guy to steal just seconds after getting pegged in the f***ing elbow. Genius.

Go Ozzie!

So true, it's really difficult to run when your elbow hurts.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:16 AM)
Yes, it's stupid because sitting back and waiting for the home run has been doing well for the offense lately. Or maybe it's the extremely high rate of hits our offense is producing.

It's stupid cause they always get caught. Our success rate seems to be below 50% this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
It's stupid cause they always get caught. Our success rate seems to be below 50% this season.

your up by 4 runs and your offense isn't hitting. you tell me how it is stupid to try 2 advance a base runner any way possible?

Hey - here's something positive and I mean this sincerely...no negativity.

I'm impressed that Ozzie let Crain handle the 8th (though, I noticed he was warming Sale for his R-L bulls***) but didn't stop Crain's momentum.

That was good to see. He finally kept himself out of the f***ing game.

We may actually win this one.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)

When nothing nothing else is working try something else. The offense has been awful lately so you may as well be aggressive.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of .........

QUOTE (cws0591 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
your up by 4 runs and your offense isn't hitting. you tell me how it is stupid to try 2 advance a base runner any way possible?

It's just symbolic of Ozzie's dumbass approach of always trying to have our guys steal with 2 outs in an inning.

We can discuss the high rate of steals. Let's start with this game. Just 1 game. Easy.....

How many attempts?

How many successful?

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Hey - here's something positive and I mean this sincerely...no negativity.

I'm impressed that Ozzie let Crain handle the 8th (though, I noticed he was warming Sale for his R-L bulls***) but didn't stop Crain's momentum.

That was good to see. He finally kept himself out of the f***ing game.

We may actually win this one.

That's different most people complain he doesn't follow the book enough. I do agree with you on this one though.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
It's just symbolic of Ozzie's dumbass approach of always trying to have our guys steal with 2 outs in an inning.

how can it be a "Dumbass approach" if it is the right one? im just not following the logic. even the radio crew thought it was a good spot to run in(they mentioned it jsut before he was thrown out)... Ozzie has his flaws. Pick one and stop stretching for something stupid like this.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
We can discuss the high rate of steals. Let's start with this game. Just 1 game. Easy.....

How many attempts?

How many successful?

Doesn't matter. When the status quo isn't working try something different. Even if the Sox win it doesn't change that the offense is struggling. Don't focus on one game focus on the big picture of getting the offense going.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
That's different most people complain he doesn't follow the book enough. I do agree with you on this one though.

I think what most people complain about is that the Sox brought in Will Ohman to be a LOOGY (presumably) and Ozzie doesn't even try to use him as one.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)

That's not true. If he plays by any book, it's the very outdated one. It's the book that says a lefty always hits better against a righty and that you always want your lefty pitching to left-handed hitters.

QUOTE (cws0591 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
how can it be a "Dumbass approach" if it is the right one? im just not following the logic. even the radio crew thought it was a good spot to run in(they mentioned it jsut before he was thrown out)... Ozzie has his flaws. Pick one and stop stretching for something stupid like this.

How is complaining about our god awful success rate when stealing stretching for something?

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
Sox win when they hit HRs.

It's that simple.

True. But when they aren't doing it for long strecthes, you need to try something else instead of doing the Lou Pinella impersonation and falling asleep.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
I think what most people complain about is that the Sox brought in Will Ohman to be a LOOGY (presumably) and Ozzie doesn't even try to use him as one.

I agree with this. A man(ager) has got to know his (players) limitations.