Build Around Phil Humber

Marty34

So basically, it's like we re-signed Bobby Jenks, except he's now Edwin Jackson and has morphed into a new and improved (theoretically) version of Joel Zumaya.

Since we can't even DFA Pena, there's no way in hell they're putting Jackson in the bullpen.

The only time we've done something similar was El Duque in 2005, and I think he was making around $6.5 million that year, but there was actually the experience factor in the playoffs to consider with him, as well as his success against the Red Sox as a Yankee.

Something's going go give before it comes to that move, in all likelihood.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)
So basically, it's like we re-signed Bobby Jenks, except he's now Edwin Jackson and has morphed into a new and improved (theoretically) version of Joel Zumaya.

Since we can't even DFA Pena, there's no way in hell they're putting Jackson in the bullpen.

The only time we've done something similar was El Duque in 2005, and I think he was making around $6.5 million that year, but there was actually the experience factor in the playoffs to consider with him, as well as his success against the Red Sox as a Yankee.

Something's going go give before it comes to that move, in all likelihood.

You either have quite an imagination, or quite the stash of hallucinagenics, my friend.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 27, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Disagree. By a country mile.

You don't have SSs who can hit over .280, get double digit HRs and play stellar SS day in and day out on trees.

You either draft them, trade for them or sign them as a UFA/international player.

The White Sox struck gold with him.

He may not be an Albert Pujols-special player, but he's right up there.

I would like to add that Alexei is probably the best shortstop in the AL. There are a few shortstops in the NL who I would rather have (H. Ramirez, Reyes, Rollins, Starlin Castro, etc) but he's easily a top 7 at his position. Good shortstops are hard to come by, even in the draft. Marty34 needs a new TV or something.

Without checking pages 2-6, did I really read that Alexei Ramirez won't get any better? He's hitting about .280 now, which is seemingly about 40 points higher than where he's usually at by the end of May. Remember how frustrating he's been in the past in the cold? This isn't even mentioning that his OBP is around .330, and for Alexei, that's pretty damn good. Also, he keeps getting better in the field.

I could easily make an argument that he's the best or 2nd best SS in the AL. He should be on the AS team, but you know that won't happen.

Edited by whitesoxbrian