Sox @ Seattle

Heads22

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ to me seems to be a pretty smart guy.

OK, he must know that he at this point in time is probably the worst hitter in baseball.

He knows he is slower than any ballplayer alive.

He knows that he is a serious DP candidate there.

So he hits it right at the ss for the easy DP.

Now can't he just try to hit into a double play and then maybe he'll actually line a single?

Can't he try, uh, something different?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
AJ to me seems to be a pretty smart guy.

OK, he must know that he at this point in time is probably the worst hitter in baseball.

He knows he is slower than any ballplayer alive.

He knows that he is a serious DP candidate there.

So he hits it right at the ss for the easy DP.

Now can't he just try to hit into a double play and then maybe he'll actually line a single?

Can't he try, uh, something different?

Aj was always at his best when every other at bat he'd flip the ball over the SS for a single, not on a line, just a near-bloop.

I think if you had to watch the White Sox and Mariners play more than 2 series in one season any baseball fan would go crazy.

Ugly!

Well, maybe Beckham's starting to turn for the better. MAYBE.

Smoak 'Em If You Got Him, Gavin.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:14 AM)
Aj was always at his best when every other at bat he'd flip the ball over the SS for a single, not on a line, just a near-bloop.

Yeah.

Oh for those days.

He may be as bad as Kotsay now, wouldn't u all agree? He's abysmal.

Even in the short instances over the last 22 games the Sox have held a lead, it seems like the other team always has the momentum becuase we are constantly missing opportunities, or have an absolute piss poor effort inning at the plate and half inning is over in 2 minutes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:14 AM)

You can see signs of AJ fading into becoming an even worse hitter than usual. His bat speed has diminished, and his power's gone with it. In the past, he had enough strength to hit it over the left fielders head. Now, even if he makes good contact to left field, it's playable for the outfield. When he tries to pull the ball, he's not quick enough to avoid rolling over on the pitch. It's what we saw the first few months last year until he finished up strong.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
Even in the short instances over the last 22 games the Sox have held a lead, it seems like the other team always has the momentum becuase we are constantly missing opportunities, or have an absolute piss poor effort inning at the plate and half inning is over in 2 minutes.

Exactly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Yeah.

Oh for those days.

He may be as bad as Kotsay now, wouldn't u all agree? He's abysmal.

Except for the position he's playing, yes, he's playing like last year's Kotsay. I still expect him to pick it up from here, he started like this last year too

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)
Except for the position he's playing, yes, he's playing like last year's Kotsay. I still expect him to pick it up from here, he started like this last year too

No salary drive this year. And I saw you say this yesterday, but would you really rather have AJP than Barajas? At least Barajas provides some pop.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:17 AM)
You can see signs of AJ fading into becoming an even worse hitter than usual. His bat speed has diminished, and his power's gone with it. In the past, he had enough strength to hit it over the left fielders head. Now, even if he makes good contact to left field, it's playable for the outfield. When he tries to pull the ball, he's not quick enough to avoid rolling over on the pitch. It's what we saw the first few months last year until he finished up strong.

Yeah, that's why I said earlier this year he now was Jason Kendall.

If AJ would accept he's jason kendall and develop a stroke where he could stroke some singles

then he wouldn't totally be worthless as he is now.

Like you said he has no power. I was stunned he actually hit a home run the other day/week.

Based on Beckham turning on a fastball and pulling it down the left-field line against Felix in the 8th and his first AB in this game, two consecutive hits FEELS like progress.

What else do we have?

Edited by caulfield12

What's sad (so far) tonight is Floyd is kicking some ass, but like somebody suggested we have absolutely no momentum and actually may be on our heels, knowing we ultimately will lose because of all the wasted opps.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
Based on Beckham turning on a fastball and pulling it down the left-field line against Felix in the 8th and his first AB in this game, two consecutive hits FEELS like progress.

What else do we have?

His double last night was pretty, but his first AB tonight was ugly. I know it resulted in a hit, but it was the same bad mechanics that's caused him to struggle.