Chicago White Sox at Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for the Twins, this team would be the biggest joke in all of baseball.

Nearly every single game, our baserunning absolutely kills us. Yesterday, it was Alexei trying to score and being out by nearly 15 feet.

The Juan Pierre Retirement Tour continues. You're facing a future Cy Young winner who's 6-0, you go from a 2-0 lead when the wind blows back a sure homer by Ramirez to losing all your momentum in 45 seconds.

How many innings have we had that looked promising that just were eviscerated by poor fundamentals and non-execution this year?

Yay, we've gained 1 game in the standings in two weeks while the Indians have lost 2 series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
The only way it doesn't happen is if Ozzie is no longer the manager.

You know I'm right.

No chance, we'll find some other slappy mcsucky hitter. Someone like Nyjer Morgan.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
No chance, we'll find some other slappy mcsucky hitter. Someone like Nyjer Morgan.

Brian Simmons would be better than Juan Pierre.

Heck, Chris Singleton could come out of the ESPN broadcasting booth and possibly be better.

I wonder if this will go down as the most boring White Sox series of all-time?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Brian Simmons would be better than Juan Pierre.

Heck, Chris Singleton could come out of the ESPN broadcasting booth and possibly be better.

They would all play better defense. There are thousands and thousands of players at all levels that play better defense than Juan Pierre does. Doesn't seem to matter though, we wheel him out there everyday.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
Hey, Hawk finally noticing that Quentin's become a pop up machine to the right side.

They were talking last night about how he's probably dropping his back shoulder on his swing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
I feel like Quentin ought to be able to handle Cahill if he was going well. Instead, weak popup.

He's bailing on everything. Between Quentin, Rios and Beckham, I'm not sure which one is opening up worse.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
There's a surprise.

A Quentin pop-up and another weak 4-3 groundout by AJ.

Ugh. It's beyond Corpseball. Necrophilia Ball.

Balta's threats of bringinb back Pierre is making me wish for an 0 for 100 stretch for him.