Chicago White Sox at Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Balta's threats of bringinb back Pierre is making me wish for an 0 for 100 stretch for him.

Would he even be moved down in the line-up if that happened?

Morneau turned 30 today. As bad as the mess KW has on his hands, the Twins' fiasco will be 10X more difficult to get out of for Bill Smith.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 15, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Interesting line for Aroldis Chapman today: 0.1IP 0H 4R 4ER 4BB

That's gone from being one of the gutsiest signings from a small market club to a possible Rick Ankiel/Dontrelle Willis situation rather quickly.

He really needs to go back to the minors.

Why is Rios trying to pick that ball up with the bare hand and risk the runner getting to 3rd with a misplay? Pretty dangerous on the soggy turf.

Well, they got out of it and Mark's ERA is all the way down to a season-low 3.90.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
Would he even be moved down in the line-up if that happened?

The whole reason to bring him back is that Ozzie needs his "Speedy" short no power corner OF leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
So I watched 2005 Game 3 of ALDS on DVD today. I forgot just how bad Chris Berman and Sutcliffe were announcing that game. Jenks' stuff was incredible, and Ozzie did a hell of a job managing.

The game with El Duque? I sometimes throw that in just to watch that 6th inning. I'm biased, but that has to be one of the greatest pitching performances I've ever seen, even if it was just one inning. What a mental midget Marte was!

threat, nothing. shocking.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
So I watched 2005 Game 3 of ALDS on DVD today. I forgot just how bad Chris Berman and Sutcliffe were announcing that game. Jenks' stuff was incredible, and Ozzie did a hell of a job managing.

Berman was so pro-Boston it was nauseating.

It was almost incredible how insulted he was that the White Sox would dare to beat his Red Sox/Yankees.

Edited by caulfield12