WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Dayan has aggravated his broken thumb injury; thumb is swollen and has been bothering him for a week now.

I was wondering why he struggled so much during that stretch. Hasn't really been the same since the all-star game.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are people in Chicago getting tired about talking about Viciedo?" said Guillen, responding to suggestions that the Sox should move infielder Omar Vizquel to make room for Viciedo. "We are going to keep this recording about Viciedo for people in Chicago because sooner or later, they are going to hate Viciedo — at least for a week and talk about how bad Viciedo is and how crazy we are to bring this guy from Cuba."

"But I want to make it clear about those people who want Viciedo here, I want Viciedo here. But the thing is where do I play him?"

In addition to the outfield logjam, Guillen said Vizquel is the Sox's lone true backup shortstop.

"I wish I could play 10 players like a softball game, play him (Viciedo) in the middle of the field, and then we bring him (up)," Guillen said. "If Vizquel leaves, that doesn't do anything good for us having Viciedo here."

Link