WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, are the Sox the worst team in baseball at tinkering?

They add Manny last year? Great move, Sox. He was washed up.

Why the refusal to tweak the team?

Seriously, what are they afraid of in bringing up Dayan? How dumb a decision to move him off third if they were committed to Juan in left and CQ in right? The master plan was another full year of Dayan in the minors? I guess that's the master plan.

Let him come up in September? Problem is, we figure to be out of it in September, unless the Tigers and Indians and Twins continue plodding along as well.

With our inability to win more than four in a row, it's really going to be difficult to win this division. Two more bats would help a LOT.

Dayan is one of them. But we won't bring him up. I think we are the worst team in baseball at tinkering with the opening day roster thru the course of the season.

(I'm sure you've all noticed but the ONLY reason the Twins are in it at all, is their performance vs Sox n KC.

Three of four more vs. KC this past weekend coupled with their mastery of the Sox.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 12:13 AM)
Seriously, are the Sox the worst team in baseball at tinkering?

They add Manny last year? Great move, Sox. He was washed up.

Why the refusal to tweak the team?

Seriously, what are they afraid of in bringing up Dayan? How dumb a decision to move him off third if they were committed to Juan in left and CQ in right? The master plan was another full year of Dayan in the minors? I guess that's the master plan.

"Worst team in baseball at tinkering"

"Refusal to tweak the team".

-Phrases that should never be attached to Kenny Williams.

QUOTE (Anderson Cooper's Quivering @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Aside from Viciedo....

What's going to happen when Pena comes back (if he does)? When Danks comes back later this week Hector Santiago will be optioned, but Bruney has been out performing any reasonable expectation for Tony Pena.

Pena has to be our garbage innings guy as long as Bruney is pitching all right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
"Worst team in baseball at tinkering"

"Refusal to tweak the team".

-Phrases that should never be attached to Kenny Williams.

I mean during the season I guess.

Manny is not a significant addition.

Why not tweak before it's too late? This lineup is anemic and time is running short.

Free Dayan at least.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)

Why not tweak before it's too late? This lineup is anemic and time is running short.

Free Dayan at least.

Manny was SUPPOSED to be a significant addition. obviously minus the roids, he was not, but that doesnt mean the Sox were just picking up someone who was supposed to be a bench player.

And still, during the season KW has tinkered plenty. Maybe not this season(yet), but he has done plenty of things during the season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Manny was SUPPOSED to be a significant addition. obviously minus the roids, he was not, but that doesnt mean the Sox were just picking up someone who was supposed to be a bench player.

And still, during the season KW has tinkered plenty. Maybe not this season(yet), but he has done plenty of things during the season.

They also picked Manny up too late as I recall.

Wasn't it 1-2 series too late? We faceplanted before his arrival as I recall

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
They also picked Manny up too late as I recall.

Wasn't it 1-2 series too late? We faceplanted before his arrival as I recall

He was on the DL, it didnt matter. We would have faceplanted with or without him

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)

Free Dayan at least.

:lolhitting Where have you been the last 10 years. The Sox have gotten the biggest deal done at the deadline at least twice since Kenny has been here in the first Everett deal and Freddy Garcia. Plus countless other moves at the deadline, including Manny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
Pena has to be our garbage innings guy as long as Bruney is pitching all right.

So who goes to AAA? Bruney's pitched well enough that someone ought to grab him as a back of the bullpen reliever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
So who goes to AAA? Bruney's pitched well enough that someone ought to grab him as a back of the bullpen reliever.

Bruney gives up a lot of base runners, but I still feel like he gets out of jams way better than Pena. Just DFA his ass, he is worthless.