Guys that are becoming legit prospects

Jerksticks

I like to bump this again and get a consensus of what people think of Terry Doyle and Alejandro De Aza.

Both are having some really good weeks lately for AAA Charlotte.

Dylan Axelrod too.

I know that some of us are discussing it in tonight's 7/7 thread.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:18 AM)
I still think De Aza is a stud based on some of his numbers from Florida...not his overall numbers just some of the samples. I feel like he got the shaft over there..maybe the balls too.

De Aza was penciled in as the Marlins opening day starter a few years back until he suffered a pretty bad injury to his leg/ankle

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Years ago, they said the same thing about Wade Boggs. They kept him in minors for years, until age 26 I believe. No power, no speed, average defense, etc. Finally, he stuck with BoSox and he hit something like .360 his rookie year and won the batting title. Eventually got 3000 hits and a HOF career. He became a better hitter in majors. Who's to say it won't happen for Kuhn? At least give him a chance to succeed.

I'm not sure that it really matters, but if we are talking about facts then Boggs actually made his debut in the major leagues when he was 23 years old. He played in over 100 games that year. He didn't turn 24 years old until two and half months into his rookie season. Big difference between 23 years old and 26 years old, in my opinion.

De Aza looks like a Lillibridge-type. Good fourth outfielder, but if you start him on an everyday basis, he will get exposed. Doyle is really tough to say. So far, great numbers at every stop in the minors. Great peripherals. But alas he is 25 in AA. Right now, you would have to err on the side of caution and say swing starter, long man.