Who's coming out Rocky Mountain Way?

ILMOU

I know it's a weekday series, unfortunately, but I was wondering if any of you boyz might be heading out to beautiful Colorado next week?

For those who haven't been, Coors Field is a terrific park with plenty of activity in the surrounding LoDo neighborhood. There's also no shortage of cool outdoor activities in the area, for families and everybody else.

I live in Golden, which is one of the real garden-spots of the area, and a neat little town with the world's largest brewery. Despite being at the western edge of the metro-area, I'm a mere 20-25 minutes from being parked at Coors. I mention this because I have a buddy who can usually get me the employee rate at one of the nicer hotels in downtown Golden, for friends and family who visit from out of town. Essentially, the deal is $55 per night, tax included, for a 2 queen-bed room that goes for about $130+. I MAY be able to hook a sizable group up with such a deal. I'll be going to the Tuesday night (the 28th) and Thursday afternoon (the 30th) games.

Other enticements in Golden include tubing on the river running through town (way cool), the Coors Brewery tour, and drink prices at the local dive reminiscent of rural Wisconsin, circa 1978. There's also a rather unique and high-quality golf course for you duffers out there.

http://www.fossiltrace.com/

I realize now that I should've posted this weeks ago, but flights are cheap, or if you drive like I do, you can make it here in ~15 hours.

It would be excellent to meet some of ya'll!

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

Won't be making it to Colorado for this series, but it is one of the states I am looking at as I search for an Elementary teaching job (just finished my degree in NY state and there is not much demand and a highly competitive job market). Have friends out there that are converted Rockies fans, I hope we take it to them (and all NL teams!)

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
I know it's a weekday series, unfortunately, but I was wondering if any of you boyz might be heading out to beautiful Colorado next week?

For those who haven't been, Coors Field is a terrific park with plenty of activity in the surrounding LoDo neighborhood. There's also no shortage of cool outdoor activities in the area, for families and everybody else.

I live in Golden, which is one of the real garden-spots of the area, and a neat little town with the world's largest brewery. Despite being at the western edge of the metro-area, I'm a mere 20-25 minutes from being parked at Coors. I mention this because I have a buddy who can usually get me the employee rate at one of the nicer hotels in downtown Golden, for friends and family who visit from out of town. Essentially, the deal is $55 per night, tax included, for a 2 queen-bed room that goes for about $130+. I MAY be able to hook a sizable group up with such a deal. I'll be going to the Tuesday night (the 28th) and Thursday afternoon (the 30th) games.

Other enticements in Golden include tubing on the river running through town (way cool), the Coors Brewery tour, and drink prices at the local dive reminiscent of rural Wisconsin, circa 1978. There's also a rather unique and high-quality golf course for you duffers out there.

http://www.fossiltrace.com/

I realize now that I should've posted this weeks ago, but flights are cheap, or if you drive like I do, you can make it here in ~15 hours.

It would be excellent to meet some of ya'll!

I'll be in Colorado. Not sure if I am going Wednesday and Thursday or just Thursday but I will be there

I'll PM you guys and see what can be set up for the June 30, Thursday afternoon game. At this time, I'm going solo on the 30th and will be getting tix at or near the park. Being a weekday afternoon game, they'll likely be below face from scalpers, or we'll just get something at the window if we don't find what we want quickly.

:gosoxretro:

BTW, who can tell me how to get a photo in my sig? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
Nothing untowards. Can I send it to you somehow?

If you have a link to it, you use img tags.

My Controls>Edit Signature>paste the link with img /img with brackets around each>Save

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
If you have a link to it, you use img tags.

My Controls>Edit Signature>paste the link with img /img with brackets around each>Save

Well, that's just it, the photo is one of my own. Is there a free site where I can upload a photo, so as to have a url to link to?

Apologies for my ignorance. The other instructions I understand.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
Well, that's just it, the photo is one of my own. Is there a free site where I can upload a photo, so as to have a url to link to?

Apologies for my ignorance. The other instructions I understand.

I use Photobucket myself; but, if you don't use photos much, your Soxtalk ID has storage space available to it.

Go to the How does this Work area and you'll see a thread from me on what to do.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
I use Photobucket myself; but, if you don't use photos much, your Soxtalk ID has storage space available to it.

Go to the How does this Work area and you'll see a thread from me on what to do.

Thanks, Knight!

Denver is an absolutely gorgeous city and Coors Field is a beautiful park. Was there for a week last month for lacrosse and I absolutely fell in love with that city. Caught a Rocks/Giants game and got to see CarGo vs Lincecum.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
Denver is an absolutely gorgeous city and Coors Field is a beautiful park. Was there for a week last month for lacrosse and I absolutely fell in love with that city. Caught a Rocks/Giants game and got to see CarGo vs Lincecum.

You are going to need a hot shower to wipe J4L's jizz off of your leg.

Jimmy, Longshot, ElGonzo, Kevo, Parker, Bob, etc.

Sounds like there'll be a few of us out there tonight, and for the series.

I've got obligation for tonight's game, but I was wondering if any of you will be going to Thursday afternoon's game and want to meet for a soda beforehand. There's any number of sports bars in the immediate area that are pretty much the same, so let me suggest The Sports Column at 1930 Blake Street (stone's throw from home plate) at around 11:30-noon. I'll be wearing the red '71-'75 cap.

I'm sitting in the WellsFargo club level tonight, but on Thursday, I'll be getting a ticket at the Park, or scalping something cheap just outside, which should be easy on a weekday afternoon.

I'm posted this in each of our threads to make sure we see it. Don't know how to merge, sorry.

Hope to see you Thursday!

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Jimmy, Longshot, ElGonzo, Kevo, Parker, Bob, etc.

I've got obligation for tonight's game, but I was wondering if any of you will be going to Thursday afternoon's game and want to meet for a soda beforehand. There's any number of sports bars in the immediate area that are pretty much the same, so let me suggest The Sports Column at 1930 Blake Street (stone's throw from home plate) at around 11:30-noon. I'll be wearing the red '71-'75 cap.

I'm sitting in the WellsFargo club level tonight, but on Thursday, I'll be getting a ticket at the Park, or scalping something cheap just outside, which should be easy on a weekday afternoon.

I'm posted this in each of our threads to make sure we see it. Don't know how to merge, sorry.

Hope to see you Thursday!

Stan, I'll be looking for you.

I was at the game tonight (and last night... and will be tomorrow...). Lots of White Sox hats anshirts and cheers. More fun tonight than last night. I enjoyed being around Sox fans, as I live in Colorado. Don't know about the meet-up tomorrow. My father-in-law is flying into Denver at 11:00. I am trying to talk my wife into going alone to get him, but I'm not likely to succeed.