PED accusations

Real

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
Ivan Rodriguez has only been implicated on steroid use by Jose Canseco when Canseco was in Texas. Other players in Texas during his time there were Dean Palmer, Juan Gonzalez, and Rafael Palmeiro.

Holy s***, Pudge was juiced out of his gourd. It takes no more than the eye test to know that one.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn to the list

Charlie Sheen has revealed that he took his preparations for his role in 1989's "Major League" to the extreme.

"Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids," the actor told Sports Illustrated in an interview featured in the new "Where Are They Now?" issue.

"I did them for like six or eight weeks," he continued. "You can print this... my fastball went from 79 to like 85."

The former "Two and a Half Men" star also told the mag that character Ricky Vaughn's signature hairstyle combined with his steroid use was a dangerous combination.

"I didn't like the haircut because it generated so many comments in bars. I've got enough of that already. Add that to the mix and it's a recipe for a fistfight," he continued.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Don't forget to blame the players association. Selig started drug testing in the minors long before the players union agreed to it. He isn't innocent by any stretch but he tried and it took congress to get the MLB players to agree to it.

Totally agree. MLPA had opportunity to come down hard on steroid abuse, and they used it as a bargaining chip.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Ivan Rodriguez has only been implicated on steroid use by Jose Canseco when Canseco was in Texas. Other players in Texas during his time there were Dean Palmer, Juan Gonzalez, and Rafael Palmeiro.

All you had to do was look at Pudge. He grew huge muscles overnight, and his HR production went up. He will probably pass the 3000 hit mark next year, so I won't object to his selection 7-10 yrs from now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Holy s***, Pudge was juiced out of his gourd. It takes no more than the eye test to know that one.

The fact that he lost about 30 pounds during the offseason before they began drug testing in order to "be more mobile behind the plate" was the most hilarious and obvious lie I'd ever heard in baseball.