Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
Flipper down left field line to win a game vs Angels. The funny thing is that there's a puzzle of US Cellular that they sell that is from this game.

That actually was on Memorial Day of 2005, not July 4, IIRC. I was there in the scout seats that day. But nevertheless, maybe, maybe, maybe this could be the breakout of Adam Dunn, but I am not holding my breath.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
That actually was on Memorial Day of 2005, not July 4, IIRC. I was there in the scout seats that day. But nevertheless, maybe, maybe, maybe this could be the breakout of Adam Dunn, but I am not holding my breath.

Crap, got my holidays mixed up! My bad

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)
damnit Fathom, that's 3 minutes of my life spent search wiki that I can't get back.

Sorry...if it makes you feel better, google has pissed me off the last two days cause they no longer have the "realtime" function that lets you look up twitter updates on any name you enter.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
The fact that it was hit extremely high into the air is what made it a towering home run, not the distance.

I've always considered a towering home run one that had height and distance, where it lands halfway up into the seats or more. Like Thome home runs.

I know what you're saying; last year I believe at Cubs/Sox at the Cell Soriano I think hit a realllly high pop-up where we literally watched the wind carry it out, otherwise it would have been a flyout.

Remember that this is the same Hawk that starts yelling STRETCH, STRETCH! only to have the OF catch it in front of the warning track, LOL.

Either way, good for Dunn. His struggles have given me no pleasure.