Sox/Royals 7/4 - Sox gain independence from being under .500

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
Or move up in the box and take away the change-up?

My sig from Blackburn says it all. These guys, outside of Kong and maybe AJ, think that hitting is about a glorified home run competition. I remember a few years back listening to the twins radio broadcast and they were talking about how our pre game hitting is just a glorified home run comp. Our guys just go for homers instead of getting there work in. They said we were the only team they saw all year doing this.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
My sig from Blackburn says it all. These guys, outside of Kong and maybe AJ, think that hitting is about a glorified home run competition. I remember a few years back listening to the twins radio broadcast and they were talking about how our pre game hitting is just a glorified home run comp. Our guys just go for homers instead of getting there work in. They said we were the only team they saw all year doing this.

Yet people still argue that another perspective/point of view if Walker is canned wouldn't be a positive thing.

Edited by fathom

4 outs away from Soria.

Maybe that's what we need to wake us up, since we've sleepwalked through this entire game.

But what are the odds of beating him twice in one season?

BTW, how the hell does Travis Hafner have a 972 OPS?

Make that 979, another hit.

Edited by caulfield12

We've had this s***ty offensive approach for five years now (second-half 2006 through first-half 2011), and while the players have certainly come and gone, the one constant has been Greg f***ing Walker. Give him his damn walking papers already.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
We've had this s***ty offensive approach for five years now (second-half 2006 through first-half 2011), and while the players have certainly come and gone, the one constant has been Greg f***ing Walker. Give him his damn walking papers already.

What's Kevan Smith's top quality?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
someone please tell me how long we're going to have to wait until lineup/roster changes are made? are they seriously going to wait until the off season?

Well there will really only be offensive change for next year and that's Viciedo for Pierre. You'll see the same s*** next year, too, don't worry.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
He's going to be a hell of a player

Hafner's been hurt, Sizemore's nothing like the player he was before the injuries and Choo's out for 6-8 weeks.

You'd have to say the White Sox have been amazingly fortunate to be in the position we're currently in...at least until we face our own division.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
What's Kevan Smith's top quality?

Real solid in every facet of the game except speed though relative to catchers, he is probably average. Top quality I would say is no glaring weakness.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:07 AM)
So what is the chance that Viciedo gets flipped for a leadoff hitter like Reyes.

None...if we wouldn't trade him last year for Dunn, we're not going to trade him now when KW had him pencilled into the 2012 outfield

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
None...if we wouldn't trade him last year for Dunn, we're not going to trade him now when KW had him pencilled into the 2012 outfield

They need to fire Guillen then. Because he needs am slappy guy up top.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
So what is the chance that Viciedo gets flipped for a leadoff hitter like Reyes.

Where would he play?

I doubt they'd move Ramirez to 2B. And taking on another huge salary hit, no way?

Remember, Juan Pierre is now back in "good graces" compared to Dunn and Rios.