Some truth to unpatriotic liberals?

The Sir

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
This is a big reason I'm conservative. I grew up in a military family, I'm in the military...I heard my parents b**** about those government types all my life and now I'm witnessing it myself. The government is full of morons, and it does nothing to the same standard as the private sector. If you work for the government (and you're not prior military), you're the bottom of the barrel. Quality workers go private; the idiots go public. Just what I've witnessed.

:lolhitting

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
That's a whole nother debate right there. I know plenty of idiots in private business and plenty of very competent and great workers in the public sector. Let's not get carried away and say that everyone who goes into the public sector is a dumbass/lazy worker. Believe it or not but some people have a passion for their jobs in the government.

Oh come one. You can't tell him to stop labeling whole swaths of people with a broad brush. That's his entire schtick.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Believe it or not but some people have a passion for their jobs in the government.

Passion? Are you kidding me? I refuse to believe you've ever met a person who has worked for the government. Seriously...passion for their jobs? Wow.

And BigSqwert, you can whine all you want, but I'd be surprised if you ever met a government worker yourself. And even if either of you have met a decent public employee in your lives, it doesn't change the fact that the private sector is far more effective.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:57 AM)
Oh come one. You can't tell him to stop labeling whole swaths of people with a broad brush. That's his entire schtick.

Such as when Dems label entire groups of people "racist teabaggers" (without any proof whatsoever), or when they assume any black conservative is a dolt who doesn't know what's best for him? Sure, BigSqwert, just stay convinced that your beloved democrats are such tolerant little angels. :lolhitting

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Passion? Are you kidding me? I refuse to believe you've ever met a person who has worked for the government. Seriously...passion for their jobs? Wow.

And BigSqwert, you can whine all you want, but I'd be surprised if you ever met a government worker yourself. And even if either of you have met a decent public employee in your lives, it doesn't change the fact that the private sector is far more effective.

Hard to refute those hard facts. I concede. :lolhitting

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)
Such as when Dems label entire groups of people "racist teabaggers" (without any proof whatsoever), or when they assume any black conservative is a dolt who doesn't know what's best for him? Sure, BigSqwert, just stay convinced that your beloved democrats are such tolerant little angels. :lolhitting

You seem like a very angry person. Perhaps a spa vacation could do you wonders.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:48 AM)
The military is fine. Some of the most brilliant minds I've ever come across. It's the civilians we work with who are idiots. Lazy, undisciplined, selfish, incompetent, mean-spirited. It's disgusting that we have to put up with this.

Ah, I see. Somehow, you're the exception.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:25 AM)
You seem like a very angry person. Perhaps a spa vacation could do you wonders.

I'm pretty sure that our similar signatures represent the only topic on which we'll ever agree.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:26 AM)
Ah, I see. Somehow, you're the exception.

No, the military is the exception. The military functions with discipline, order and a sense of urgency. The civilians who work with us, not so much.

For example, everytime I've gone to CIF (central issue facility), some guy will always state that there is no time for fooling around and that we have so much to get done. The Soldiers acknowledge this and respond accordingly, but the fat trailer-park civilians whom we have to turn our stuff into sit there and play on their phones or chat with their friends. You practically have to throw your stuff at them to get them to do their job.

If you weren't in the military, I wouldn't expect you to understand. But I see this every day.

I have family that works for the government. None of them are lazy. They all go to work everyday and work hard. None of them are idiots either.

Yes, I have worked under many people in public jobs (at my university, specifically University Housing). Are there some chumps working there? Yup. But I could easily list off a number of people who chose to go into that field because they are PASSIONATE about their work, they choose to get paid crap because they CAN make a difference there. You may not notice that difference if you spend a day there, but if you look at where that campus was just a few years ago and where it is now, you will notice the impact they have had on it.

And, I also worked for the university as an intern while on campus, and I would say I was pretty passionate about that too. I could've been out partying (more), studying (ha!), or hanging with friends during that time I worked but I chose to take that job not because I needed the money (I didn't) but because it was something I really wanted to do.

So yes, there are passionate people in the public sector. So STFU with your hyperbole.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:40 AM)
I have family that works for the government. None of them are lazy. They all go to work everyday and work hard. None of them are idiots either.

Do you go to work with them? I'm sure the families of the CIF people I despise think they are solid workers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
Do you go to work with them? I'm sure the families of the CIF people I despise think they are solid workers.

Yeah do you even work with them GoSox05? They are definitely worthless lazy bums. There is no question that they are.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:33 AM)
No, the military is the exception. The military functions with discipline, order and a sense of urgency. The civilians who work with us, not so much.

For example, everytime I've gone to CIF (central issue facility), some guy will always state that there is no time for fooling around and that we have so much to get done. The Soldiers acknowledge this and respond accordingly, but the fat trailer-park civilians whom we have to turn our stuff into sit there and play on their phones or chat with their friends. You practically have to throw your stuff at them to get them to do their job.

If you weren't in the military, I wouldn't expect you to understand. But I see this every day.

Guess what, this occurs at EVERY single private firm. There will ALWAYS be people that don't do their job, or are lazy, etc. You won't be able to avoid that, not here, not in the military (yes there are assholes and idiots aplenty in the military too), not overseas, not anywhere.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:41 AM)
Yes, I have worked under many people in public jobs (at my university, specifically University Housing). Are there some chumps working there? Yup. But I could easily list off a number of people who chose to go into that field because they are PASSIONATE about their work, they choose to get paid crap because they CAN make a difference there. You may not notice that difference if you spend a day there, but if you look at where that campus was just a few years ago and where it is now, you will notice the impact they have had on it.

And, I also worked for the university as an intern while on campus, and I would say I was pretty passionate about that too. I could've been out partying (more), studying (ha!), or hanging with friends during that time I worked but I chose to take that job not because I needed the money (I didn't) but because it was something I really wanted to do.

So yes, there are passionate people in the public sector. So STFU with your hyperbole.

Sheesh. Calm down.

There are exceptions to my belief. I've met a very few decent individuals who work for the government. But as a general rule of thumb, people who go into the private sector are far more competent than people who go into the public sector.

How the hell does this guy get away with the hyperbolic bile in this forum? I thought there were some rules established here.

All Dems are unpatriotic unAmericans. All public workers are lazy bums. These are facts now. SMH

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
How the hell does this guy get away with the hyperbolic bile in this forum? I thought there were some rules established here.

All Dems are unpatriotic unAmericans. All public workers are lazy bums. These are facts now. SMH

It's just what I've what I've witnessed, Sqwert. There are exceptions to both of them. LostFan served in the military, so I'd count him as a patriot regardless of his political views. And there are good public workers. Just not many.

You're not going to change that opinion by whining and trying to get me banned.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Sheesh. Calm down.

There are exceptions to my belief. I've met a very few decent individuals who work for the government. But as a general rule of thumb, people who go into the private sector are far more competent than people who go into the public sector.

Let's have attacks on someone's lifestyle and then tell them to calm down! Sounds like what all conservatives do!

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
It's just what I've what I've witnessed, Sqwert. There are exceptions to both of them. LostFan served in the military, so I'd count him as a patriot regardless of his political views. And there are good public workers. Just not many.

I think you've had a little too much Ayan Rand and Milton Freidman in your diet.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)

I'm not trying to change your opinion. You came in here guns blazing spewing your hatred. I'm just calling a spade when I see one.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:49 AM)
Let's have attacks on someone's lifestyle and then tell them to calm down! Sounds like what all conservatives do!

Public sector work is a lifestyle now? Ha.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)

Your reaction to all this is pretty hilarious. There's finally an extreme conservative on the board spewing the same extreme crap you guys do, and you cry foul, like it's the worst thing ever.

Welcome to the Filibuster since I've been a member.