7/18 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

- (b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces;

Youre right at least according to MLB rules, but I didnt think you could create a save situation to get a save (ie you come in with 2 runs 1 out left, you giving up the hit creates the save) but that doesnt seem to be in the rules.

Edited by Soxbadger

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
You could see Matt had that look like "you've got to be kidding me, right?" when he was pulled. I think there's more value there for Thornton to get out the side 1-2-3 and keep rebuilding his confidence.

Then again Thornton's a veteran the other guy not so much.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:47 AM)
Must win game here. Got a huge gift, and capitalized. Pierre's really been a catalyst of late.

Glad to see Fathom's post.

It's time to officially suspend all Pierre hate on here IMO.

What do people want from the guy? The haters are hating on his defense the first 2 weeks.

I desperately want Dayan in the lineup. That's why I said just stick him at third base the first six-7 innings of every game and bring in Morel the final 2.

Juan Pierre is a major league player again. He frustrates the s*** out of me a lot of the time, but he's hitting almost .280 for godsakes.

Greg, there are a LOT more issues than his defensive miscues late in games during April.

I don't want to have this debate, but your batting average argument for Juan is about the same as saying Brent Morel should be the everyday 3B, or Omar Vizquel.

But yes, Juan's definitely not a bigger problem RIGHT NOW than 3B, Dunn and Rios. That's 100% accurate. Nobody could argue otherwise. And it doesn't mean Juan has been anything but "average" or "below average" for the course of the entire season, cumulatively.

The White Sox were 2nd in the AL in steals last year.

This year, we're 12th. largely due to Juan and Rios...and sitting at a 55% success rate. When speed and hitting for average are his two tools, and he's down to just hitting (but with zero power), it's not going to balance out unless he hits 350-400 with RISP.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 05:19 AM)
Greg, there are a LOT more issues than his defensive miscues late in games during April.

I don't want to have this debate, but your batting average argument for Juan is about the same as saying Brent Morel should be the everyday 3B, or Omar Vizquel.

But yes, Juan's definitely not a bigger problem RIGHT NOW than 3B, Dunn and Rios. That's 100% accurate. Nobody could argue otherwise. And it doesn't mean Juan has been anything but "average" or "below average" for the course of the entire season, cumulatively.

The White Sox were 2nd in the AL in steals last year.

This year, we're 12th. largely due to Juan and Rios...and sitting at a 55% success rate. When speed and hitting for average are his two tools, and he's down to just hitting (but with zero power), it's not going to balance out unless he hits 350-400 with RISP.

I just think Juan has been a likeable player the last several weeks no matter the numbers.

He's helped us win some games.