Tigers @ Sox 7/25/11 Gamethread

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
Dunn Cleanup against a LHP with a 93 mph fastball.

How many more times do we need to see this movie? For god sakes, cut your losses and make Dunn a platoon player for the rest of THIS season (unless he really breaks out against RHP), and give him the full-time opportunity again next ST.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Tonight's #WhiteSox lineup vs. DET: pierre7, ram6, pk3, dunnDH, q9, rios8, aj2, beck4, morel5, buehrle1 (game on CSN)

A third of this lineup is hitting Below the Mendoza line against lefties. Good thing this series isn't too important.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
A third of this lineup is hitting Below the Mendoza line against lefties. Good thing this series isn't too important.

I didn't realize how Dunn-like Gordo has been against lefties this year. Ouch.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
I didn't realize how Dunn-like Gordo has been against lefties this year. Ouch.

Yep. The entire team is essentially crap against LHP...The Tigers however, are NOT.

So let's shift the rotation in order to throw BOTH our LHP in this series.

I swear this team is run by idiots.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
I'm psyched...the first "big" series of the season, imo. This one is crucial. To their credit, Tigers are trying to grab this division and run with it right now. We've been hanging around and everyone's wondered when/if we'd make a move. Now is the time.

Total agreement with this. The Tribe and the Twinks have the Angels and the Rangers. We could be looking at the turning point of the season. Look at the pithching matchups in all those games. The Sox have Buerhle the Tigers have Below. I'd sure hate to lose this one and go against Verlander with a loss. The Sox could make up serious ground in the division with a great homestand.

A Homestand in the middle of Summer against long time traditional original rivals, Go Go White Sox!! This could be loads of fun. The time is right now to seize it and run with it.

Edited by since56