maybe a SS?

mataipaepae

i know we are really weak at 3B and all. what if we to trade a CQ for a good young SS and moved alexi to 3B? he has the arm strength to do it. i know alexi is good at SS i love him there. but if we could get a good SS why not look at it. much like the yankees did with alex rodriguez.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
if you're going to do that, why not try to trade for an actual 3B

Ha, yeah that's what I was thinking. If you want to push Morel out of the spot, then replace him with another 3B, don't hope that Alexei can adjust, especially when he is superb defensive SS. Go after Aramis Ramirez if you aren't going to be patient with Morel.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
Pretty stupid to move a gg caliber SS to 3B.

geez i know, stupid yankees (arod) and orioles ( ripken)

listen i was not saying do this. it was just an idea. instead of just locking into looking for a 3B what if we could get a legit SS. moving alexi to 3b would give us a good glove and arm there, as well as good bat.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)

listen i was not saying do this. it was just an idea. instead of just locking into looking for a 3B what if we could get a legit SS. moving alexi to 3b would give us a good glove and arm there, as well as good bat.

A-rod was not GG caliber and either was Ripken when he moved. Alexei is one of the best SS in the league, he IS legit.

And those guys were also moved because of their size and diminishing range.

You don't take a position of strength and make it a potential weakness.

If you moved Ramirez there and played Escobar, your offense would be killed. And you're simply not going to get a young SS with anything like the upside offensively/defensively with what we already have in Alexei.

Not unless we package Danks/Quentin/Thornton in some kind of mega-deal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
A-rod was not GG caliber and either was Ripken when he moved. Alexei is one of the best SS in the league, he IS legit.

A-Rod was GG caliber when he first came to NY...... but I do agree moving Alexei to 3B makes absolute no sense whatsoever.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)

Because the Yankees didn't have Jeter and Ripken wasn't aging.