Mysterious company dissolves after giving $1 million to pro-Romne

Texsox

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Yeah, on things that would put you on the "Not a Republican" list, I'd say tolerance is pretty high up there.

If the left, who spends so much of their time virulently insulting black conservatives who dared to think for themselves, is the standard bearer for tolerance, I'd rather have nothing to do with it.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
Thanks for trying so arrogantly to tell me what to think, but I don't take my marching orders from the likes of you. I'm smart enough to form my own opinions.

Fact is, I do want Romney sunk. He doesn't seem able to hold any stance at all. I will never vote for someone who changes their views to increase popularity. It's idiotic pandering. And I don't vote centrist. I vote right wing. You think the Republican Party has gone too far right because you are obviously a liberal who leans left and you fear a strong ultra-right party, but I personally think it's not right enough. The Tea Party is working on that, but there's still more to be done.

You dislike the Tea Party because you find it extreme. That's fine. Go vote against it. But it must not be so extreme since its message resonates with so many Americans. And is Obama really anything less than the left's version of the TP? He's as ideologically tied to the left as we are to the right.

You support Romney because you figure he's the only Republican who could win and not tear down this moronic leftist infrastructure that the Dems have been so busy creating. Yet I want a candidate who promises to do exactly that.

people like you are just SO misinformed there's no point to even try and show you a bit of reality. Obama's not a leftist and never has been. He's governed to the right of center. You might not believe that, but it's true.

and the tea party? being good for america? resonating with america? check your polls, sir. I think they'd beg to differ.

although what do they know? people running 'em are prolly liberal commies too.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
people like you are just SO misinformed there's no point to even try and show you a bit of reality. Obama's not a leftist and never has been. He's governed to the right of center. You might not believe that, but it's true.

Give me a f***ing break. Are you really saying this? And you don't even provide proof. You just pick up some crap you read on the Huffington Post and then expect me to buy it, no questions asked. And then you call me misinformed. Hilarious, but typical of someone like yourself.

Obamacare, the stimulus package, intervening in the automotive industry, desperate protection of entitlements, his constant apologizing to enemy powers, his failure to support Israel, his disrespect towards the military and American exceptionalism, his support for the unconstitutional UN Small Arms Treaty (hell, his support for the UN in general), etc. None of these are right wing ideals.

Yes, he did extend the Bush tax cuts, but only as part of a compromise, because he is a gutless man who prefers to lead from behind and because he had just gotten his ass beat in the midterms. Is that all you have? And hell, you didn't even have it. I gave it to you.

Check your facts next time you call someone misinformed.

and the tea party? being good for america? resonating with america? check your polls, sir. I think they'd beg to differ.

although what do they know? people running 'em are prolly liberal commies too.

Check what polls?

Here's a 2010 poll from Quinnipac University showing that the Tea Party is viewed favorably by 28% and unfavorably by 23%. This is backed up by this Gallup poll from 2010 that gives almost identical numbers. Now here's a Gallup poll showing that self-identified conservatives outnumber liberals in America by almost a 2-to-1 margin. And then there's just the fact that the most devastating electoral defeat in American history came hand in hand with the rise of the Tea Party.

I'd post plenty of more polls to prove my case, but you're not worth it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
Um, GWB intervened in the auto industry.

Obama took over two thirds of the industry. And I never claimed GWB was right wing. Either way, my point remains that taking over private industries is not a right wing maneuver.

oh dear. ok... let's break this down.

Obamacare (not even as good as Romney's in Mass. and HE'S a conservative!), the stimulus package(GWB did one too!), intervening in the automotive industry(Thanks to Balta for reminding you of this one as well), desperate protection of entitlements, his constant apologizing to enemy powers(By killing Osama... yep, got it.), his failure to support Israel(that's a not so biggie... with this economy i could give a f*** about israel), his disrespect towards the military and American exceptionalism(by the surge? adding even more troops, even when he said he was going to try and bring them home? He realized that wasn't feasible in the current environment over there, so he did what he needed to do to protect both our interests and the soldiers'. Give me an example of him "disrespecting" the military, please), his support for the unconstitutional UN Small Arms Treaty ((hell, his support for the UN in general) I need not say more than you already did - the UN is actually, a relatively useful organization), etc. None of these are right wing ideals.

seems to ME that your right wingers Dubya and Romney held some of the same views as Obama. Made some of the same moves. Same decisions even?

straaaaange.

Here's a 2010 poll from Quinnipac University showing that the Tea Party is viewed favorably by 28% and unfavorably by 23%. This is backed up by this Gallup poll from 2010 that gives almost identical numbers. Now here's a Gallup poll showing that self-identified conservatives outnumber liberals in America by almost a 2-to-1 margin. And then there's just the fact that the most devastating electoral defeat in American history came hand in hand with the rise of the Tea Party.

I'd post plenty of more polls to prove my case, but you're not worth it.

sir, do you realize these polls are from a year ago? but then you're right - not much has happened in the past year besides... oh i don't know... the republicans BLOCKING RAISING THE DEBT CEILING! Causing this crash. Intentionally trying to destroy the economy so they'll win in 2012. How do you think the American public feels about that RIGHT NOW? Not back in 2010.

this was even before the recent events. Lets see if I can't find another.

here it is! and it's even from FOX NEWS!

31% have a favorable view of the Tea Party, and only 35% have a favorable view of the Republican party, while 41% favor the Dems. Uh oh... holes in yo logic.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
oh dear. ok... let's break this down.

Navy SEALs killed Osama. Obama did not do that.

Disrespect towards the military? How about confusing Medal of Honor winners SFC Jared Monti and SSG Sal Giunta? And then not referring to them by their ranks? That's just one, and you'll think it's small because you're a raging leftist who hasn't served. To me and to my brothers in arms, that's not small.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)

Disrespect towards the military? How about confusing Medal of Honor winners SFC Jared Monti and SSG Sal Giunta? And then not referring to them by their ranks? That's just one, and you'll think it's small because you're a raging leftist who hasn't served. To me and to my brothers in arms, that's not small.

people make mistakes. you haven't? i'm sure with your hectic schedule you'd find the time to sit down and memorize every soldier's name and rank, but Mr. Obama has a country and world to run... and sorry, but that's the truth of it. No four star general would argue that. Would it have been better if he hadn't slipped up? sure. of course. but lets get real here...

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)

And yet you'll blindly support all the douche bag, right-wing, draft dodging, chicken hawks with haste.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
And yet you'll blindly support all the douche bag, right-wing, draft dodging, chicken hawks with haste.

When have I done that? I hate Romney and his kids, I couldn't care less about GWB, and there's no other chickenhawk that I would ever support. Draft dodging, chickenhawking, those are absolute no-goes.

Think whatever you want of me, but I despise chickenhawks.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
When have I done that? I hate Romney and his kids, I couldn't care less about GWB, and there's no other chickenhawk that I would ever support. Draft dodging, chickenhawking, those are absolute no-goes.

Think whatever you want of me, but I despise chickenhawks.

so then... to whom DO you lend your support?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
so then... to whom DO you lend your support?

In 2012, assuming no big changes, my ballot will say Rick Perry/Allen West. Both are veterans. I will not vote for someone who hasn't served.

Flysox (or whatever your name is today), I do have a legitimate question for you.

Obama is your Commander-in-Chief, right? If he walked up to you right now in his official capacity and gave you an order, you'd have to follow it, correct? From what I understand, grousing about the incompetency of one's superiors is quite commonplace in the military, much like in any organization or company. But if I'm in another organization where I vehemently disagree with everything my superiors are saying -- not just thinking they're incompetent, but that they are actively making bad decisions and making it an organization I don't want to be a part of -- then I leave that organization. Plain and simple. Because of this, I'm having a very hard time reconciling how you can apparently loathe everything about the upper apparatus or your organization (military and government), yet still actively be a part of it. Perhaps you can elaborate on this for me?