AFL thread

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Assuming this is accurate, the only way Doyle and Kuhn are eligible for the AAA phase is if the Sox simply want to get rid of them.

So beyond the MLB 40-man, they'd have to be left off the 38-man AAA reserve list. Considering Kuhn has already been in AAA the Sox would have had to remove him for him to be eligible and the Sox would have to have a hatred of Doyle for him to be left off that list.

Reserve lists include everyone on the active roster for the specific AAA/AA Team,(24/team), and others who are on the roster but not able to play. They may be on the DL, on personal time, or people who have quit, but have not been "Released" by the organization. Two examples of that type would be Jason Delaney (Marlins) and John Spatola (White Sox) who's status has just been changed to "Voluntary Retired". I believe the 38-man resrve list only limits the number of players that can be assigned to a AAA team.

http://www.purplerow.com/2009/2/12/756928/...ctions-part-two

The reserve list limits are as follows: 38 players for AAA clubs, 37 for AA clubs, 35 for A clubs and below. What this essentially means is that at any given time, the maximum amount of players the Rockies can have in their farm system is 215 players (163 of them active)! Of course, teams don't always max out their minor league affiliates with players, especially on the reserve lists. Even so, that's a lot of infrastructure for a 25 man active major league squad.

I believe ANYONE not on the 40 man roster is eligible to be taken in the Minor League portion of the draft.

Edited by NHDadUmp-RI

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 07:46 AM)
With 38 spots to use, and no MiL free agents signed yet, I have to imagine pretty the entire AA roster has been put on the "Active Roster" for AAA.

Exactly. This isn't that complicated, I swear.