9/4 games

danman31

I hope A. Carter gets his stuff together next year when he returns to AAA. His arm is too good to have such a disappointing season. (though the K numbers were still there) Looks good in AA right now. Would love to see another great young arm, for the minimum, in that sox pen.

Considering his OPS (563) was in Alex Rios territory, I guess about the only positive spin on Walker is that he started out so slowly at KANNY that he actually started to make a decent adjustment the last 2-3 weeks of the season to at least bring his BA into the .230's.

For now, not much reason to project him above and beyond a 4th-5th outfielder type...but he has a full season next year starting at KANNY and then moving up to High A if it's merited to prove his worth.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 02:48 AM)
So Ian Gac wins the MVP, and Andy Wilkin's #s are not to far off. I think my AAP was a success this year!

If he didn't have his adjustment period in the first half he would have merited consideration. For now he deserves a well earned promotion to Birmingham. Along with Saladino. Enjoy it, JPN.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
Considering his OPS (563) was in Alex Rios territory, I guess about the only positive spin on Walker is that he started out so slowly at KANNY that he actually started to make a decent adjustment the last 2-3 weeks of the season to at least bring his BA into the .230's.

For now, not much reason to project him above and beyond a 4th-5th outfielder type...but he has a full season next year starting at KANNY and then moving up to High A if it's merited to prove his worth.

Making projections based off of 2 months of play is a bit absurd, and I don't even think that highly of Walker. Fathom was also wondering about how he is perceived amongst those in the know, and not based on his statistics.