Looking ahead to the 2012 roster

Fantl916

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
I'll take Sergio and his novice upside over a bevy of other closers. The skill set this kid brings is sick and like NSS72 says...he's just getting started. He's gone through stretches he was just plain sick...unhittable. Not sure where the mental midget comment even came in.

from people overreacting to 1 loss and tossing out the latest Soxtalk buzzword.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
from people overreacting to 1 loss and tossing out the latest Soxtalk buzzword.

I don't think that there's an overreaction to 1 loss happening here, I think there's a reaction to the way Sergio's full suite of blown saves have happened.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
I don't think that there's an overreaction to 1 loss happening here, I think there's a reaction to the way Sergio's full suite of blown saves have happened.

I'm fine with the term as long as you also include the fact that he was taking BP not too long ago, has the best out pitch in baseball, and was dominant for long stretches of the season into consideration. If he's still a "mental midget" despite all those other facts, then it's just dumb.

Most of these posted idea lineups are even more punchless than today! The Sox need at least one if not two more hitters that can put up PK type numbers in order to compete next year. These new guys probably need to play 3B and LF. Trade Quentin? I wouldnt do that. Sox need to add MUCH more offense to support the great pitching and defense. And Im not talking about Rios, Beckham and Dunn doing better. We need two NEW top 20 type hitters. Maybe trade Floyd or Thornton for them?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
I'm fine with the term as long as you also include the fact that he was taking BP not too long ago, has the best out pitch in baseball, and was dominant for long stretches of the season into consideration. If he's still a "mental midget" despite all those other facts, then it's just dumb.

I have a feeling that this is going to become the new "Peavy is a Cy Young winner" :lol:

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Trade Quentin, Danks or Floyd, and AJ if possible (by eating some salary).

Trade Ozzie to the Marlins for one of those frozen Mai Tai backpack contraptions.

Tell everyone to hit better.

Maybe Vance Law can be the new manager? Are you available, Vance?

QUOTE (champs2005 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Most of these posted idea lineups are even more punchless than today! The Sox need at least one if not two more hitters that can put up PK type numbers in order to compete next year. These new guys probably need to play 3B and LF. Trade Quentin? I wouldnt do that. Sox need to add MUCH more offense to support the great pitching and defense. And Im not talking about Rios, Beckham and Dunn doing better. We need two NEW top 20 type hitters. Maybe trade Floyd or Thornton for them?

Let me know where you're getting a "top 20 hitter" for Floyd or Thorton.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
Let me know where you're getting a "top 20 hitter" for Floyd or Thorton.

I personally think some combination of Danks, Quentin and/or Thornton should get you a LF that produces a lot better than Pierre did. That would be my goal, along with trying to get that from someone in pre-arb or arb years. If they are expensive, then you might as well stick with Quentin and put him in LF.

But I agree, a "Top 20" hitter in baseball is not something the Sox can obtain with any of those guys.