2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (baseball17 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Well thank God... Thanks for sharing that, really happy to hear that

His wife just tweeted this...

Amanda McCarthy ‏@Mrs_McCarthy32

First walk!! Success-

I am guessing that means they walked him, which is also a very good sign. I am happy to see Brandon progressing as well. Brandon made a fan of me a long time ago, and I wish him nothing but the best.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
His wife just tweeted this...

Amanda McCarthy ‏@Mrs_McCarthy32

First walk!! Success-

I am guessing that means they walked him, which is also a very good sign. I am happy to see Brandon progressing as well. Brandon made a fan of me a long time ago, and I wish him nothing but the best.

Bless her heart... and I feel for the kid who hit the ball...

From a prospect chat...

@Jaypers413 (IL): White Sox question, Jim. Is Andre Rienzo's future as a SP or RP, and has his stock improved of late in your eyes?

Jim Callis: Reliever for me, because of control and consistency issues. He throws hard, touching 94, but still lacks a quality second pitch. His stock is about the same for me. Nice year, but it also includes a drug suspension.

Maybe I missed this, but, Gonzo in the Trib said the other day that Barnum and Hawkins would both be in the fall AZ instructional league, along with about 30 other Sox prospects. I will ask him about a full list when I get a chance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Sounds like Japan must not have worked out so well for Terry Doyle...

Terry Doyle ‏@TerryDoyle32

@SPChrisHatfield don't count @KnightsBaseball out yet... going back for some home cooking

Or, maybe Japan's season is over.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
Maybe I missed this, but, Gonzo in the Trib said the other day that Barnum and Hawkins would both be in the fall AZ instructional league, along with about 30 other Sox prospects. I will ask him about a full list when I get a chance.

Or, maybe Japan's season is over.

They are in the middle of the playoffs, down 0-2. I can't see the rules allowing them to bring a pitcher from off of the active roster in to pitch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
They are in the middle of the playoffs, down 0-2. I can't see the rules allowing them to bring a pitcher from off of the active roster in to pitch.

Ah nevermind. Looking back through previous tweets, he is talking about Knights getting back to play in Charlotte. Not himself.

With the BA league-specific Top 20 lists starting, and the Appy league already published (see the seperate thread for that, Hawkins is #2), here are the dates that BA will be releasing the other leagues where the Sox have affiliates...

Pioneer League Sept. 27

South Atlantic League Oct. 3

Carolina League Oct. 5

Southern League Oct. 10

International League Oct. 12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
With the BA league-specific Top 20 lists starting, and the Appy league already published (see the seperate thread for that, Hawkins is #2), here are the dates that BA will be releasing the other leagues where the Sox have affiliates...

Pioneer League Sept. 27

Carolina League Oct. 5

Southern League Oct. 10

No Sox from the Sally. Walker and Snodgress seemed like the best shots at it.

Seperate thread for the Carolina League, posting shortly.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
MinorLeagueBall.com came out with their preliminary 2013 top 50 hitting and pitching prospect list. White Sox don't have a single player on either list. :o

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3...s-list-for-2013

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3...spects-for-2013

And it's stupid too. Because Byron Buxton is drafted 11 spots ahead of Courtney Hawkins, he's rated 19th rather than unranked, nevermind the fact that Hawkins had some success at A ball, even if the sample size is ridiculously small.

The Sox system could be a lot, lot better, but I hate seeing freshly drafted prospects appearing in these lists.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)

Pioneer League Sept. 27

Carolina League Oct. 5

Southern League Oct. 10

No Sox from the Southern League. Sanchez and Thompson were in the Carolina league list.

I doubt the Sox will have any in the Intl League either, so this is probably it.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
MinorLeagueBall.com came out with their preliminary 2013 top 50 hitting and pitching prospect list. White Sox don't have a single player on either list. :o

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3...s-list-for-2013

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3...spects-for-2013

Profar is gonna be an absolute force in the bigs someday.