2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Is that a joke? That show is Homeland. It is amazing. A must watch.

Didn't know they were running a marathon this weekend, but yes, Homeland is just incredible. Best new show last year. Well, technically it was the same year as Shameless...so second best in my head. Definitely a must-see.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
I don't see one either. This thread got me hooked on BB and Mad Men, so I want to check out homeland. Is it going into it's 2nd season?

Yuuup. Sept 30

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
DirecTV added BBC America in HD. And, starting next week, they'll air the series "Luther" from the beginning. Heard a lot of good things about it. Detective show staring Idris Elba.

"Copper" starts on Sunday on BBC America, too. Looks like a Gangs of New York-esque show. I'm gonna give it a watch.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
DirecTV added BBC America in HD. And, starting next week, they'll air the series "Luther" from the beginning. Heard a lot of good things about it. Detective show staring Idris Elba.

Love LUTHER. Should be returning soon, I'd think.

Given all the hullabaloo on it in this thread, I finally started watching Breaking Bad. I'm three episodes in (Gus just killed Crazy 8s, and is presumably about to tell Skyler he has cancer). I like it a lot, but not "OMG BEST SHOW EVER" level of like.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 01:33 AM)
Given all the hullabaloo on it in this thread, I finally started watching Breaking Bad. I'm three episodes in (Gus just killed Crazy 8s, and is presumably about to tell Skyler he has cancer). I like it a lot, but not "OMG BEST SHOW EVER" level of like.

Just wait.

I originally started watching the show when it first came out and didn't even continue watching after first 4 episodes.

This one gets better as it goes.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 02:33 AM)

You mean Walt, not Gus, and each season gets better and better, with the exception of S5 so far.

Marc Summers -- the legendary host of "Double Dare" -- tells TMZ he suffered multiple broken bones in his face and required emergency surgery after a bad car accident in Philadelphia last week.

Summers -- who also hosts "Unwrapped" on the Food Network -- says he can't remember much about the accident ... only that he was a passenger in the back seat of a taxi cab ... when the car hydroplaned and lost control.

60-year-old Summers says ... he was told he flew out of his seat and into the clear partition inside the taxi cab face first ... breaking several bones in the process.

Marc was rushed to a nearby hospital ... and says doctors performed emergency plastic surgery to put his face back together.

The TV icon tells us he's out of the hospital and resting at his home in Philly.

"I'm all good ... just in a lot of pain."

Summers says ever since the accident his famous Food Network chef friends like Mario Batali, Bobby Flay and Michael Symon have come through STRONG ... offering to make him special "get well" meals.

Problem is Marc is still having some trouble operating his mouth ... and can't chew very well. So he's been limited to easily consumed soft food items like pastas and purees.

Side note - Summers says he has not looked at himself in the mirror yet ... but he's been told that the damage isn't too bad. more on this story

LInk

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
Oh man, I thought for sure Todd was going to play a big role in the end of that episode.

Only 2 episodes left, WTF!

You know there is gonna be a major cliffhanger after episode 8.

Interesting to hear Walt mention his buyout from his old company as motivation.