2012 Book Thread

Texsox

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 07:24 AM)
It was very, very tough to put down "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. Until the end.

That's the quickest I have ever read a book. I ignored sleep and other entertainment just to finish it. That book was the f***ing s***. I finished it an hour ago.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)
That's the quickest I have ever read a book. I ignored sleep and other entertainment just to finish it. That book was the f***ing s***. I finished it an hour ago.

f*** me for deciding that starting this book at midnight right before bed was a good idea. Work is gonna blow today.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:13 AM)
f*** me for deciding that starting this book at midnight right before bed was a good idea. Work is gonna blow today.

Ha! How late were you up? Honestly, the book grabs you like 2 paragraphs in and spins you around for 400+ pages. It's very hard to put down.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:16 AM)
Ha! How late were you up? Honestly, the book grabs you like 2 paragraphs in and spins you around for 400+ pages. It's very hard to put down.

About 2. Just had to go read two more chapters during my lunch break. This book may not live to see tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Just finished "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. As a child of the 80's and a slight geek, this was right in my wheelhouse.

There were a couple of references that I didn't quite get because I hadn't played the game or watched the movie but I enjoyed it overall.

I recommended that in here quite a few months ago. I adored that book.

Highly recommend This Book Is Full of Spiders by David Wong. It's the sequel to John Dies At The End. Off the wall horror-comedy. I don't even know how to really explain it except it involves a paranormal psychoactive drug that allows users to travel between universes and time. Needless to say bad things happen as things from other universes find their way to ours.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Just finished "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. As a child of the 80's and a slight geek, this was right in my wheelhouse.

There were a couple of references that I didn't quite get because I hadn't played the game or watched the movie but I enjoyed it overall.

Yeah, that one was good.