Second Round:

Game 5: No. 5 West Virginia 63, No. 12 Syracuse 48

Game 6: No. 8 DePaul 76, No. 9 USF 62

Game 7: No. 7 Louisville 63, No. 10 Villanova 47

Game 8 No. 6 Rutgers 52, No. 14 Marquette 43

Quarterfinals:

Game 9: No. 5 West Virginia 39, No. 4 Georgetown 32

Game 10: No. 1 Notre Dame 69, No. 8 DePaul 54

Game 11: No. 2 St. John's 68, Louisville 61 (OT)

Game 12: No. 3 Connecticut 49, No. 6 Rutgers 34

Semifinals:

6:00 PM ET Game 13: No. 1 Notre Dame vs. No. 5 West Virginia

8:00 PM ET Game 14: No. 2 St. John's vs. : No. 3 Connecticut

Irish get a chance to avenge their only conference loss tonight.

DePaul over UCONN

Pitt over SJU

Seton Hall over Providence

Villanova over Rutgers

WVU over DePaul

Georgetown over Pitt

Seton Hall over Louisville

USF over Villanova

Cuse over WVU

Georgetown over Cincy

Marquette over Seton Hall

USF over ND

Georgetown over Cuse

Marquette over USF

GT over Marquette

My ridiculous attempt at predicting this ridiculous tournament.

First Round

Connecticut over DePaul

St. John's over Pittsburgh

Villanova over Rutgers

Second Round

Connecticut over West Virginia

Georgetown over St. John's

Villanova over South Florida

Quarterfinals

Syracuse over Connecticut

Georgetown over Cincinnati

Notre Dame over Villanova

Semifinals

Georgetown over Syracuse

Notre Dame over Marquette

Championship Game

Georgetown over Notre Dame

Women's Championship

Notre Dame over Connecticut

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
It's odd. I'm far from a Big East fan but I love their conference tourney. 5 straight days.

I think it's hands down the best tourney there is. Granted, I am a UConn fan and a Big East homer, but there is something special about friday/saturday night at the Garden with usually marquee teams playing.

UConn over Depaul

St. John's over Pitt

Providence over Seton Hall

Rutgers over Nova

UConn over West Va

G-Town over St. Johns

Louisivlle over Providence

USF over Rutgers

Cuse over UConn

G-Town over Cincy

Louisville over Marquette

USF over Notre Dame

Cuse over G-Town

Louisville over USF

Cuse over Louisvlle

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
I think it's hands down the best tourney there is. Granted, I am a UConn fan and a Big East homer, but there is something special about friday/saturday night at the Garden with usually marquee teams playing.

It is the best tournament out there. It's a shame its going to lose some of its luster when Syracuse and Pitt leaves.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
DePaul over UCONN

Pitt over SJU

Villanova over Rutgers

WVU over DePaul

Georgetown over Pitt

USF over Villanova

Cuse over WVU

Georgetown over Cincy

USF over ND

Georgetown over Cuse

Marquette over USF

GT over Marquette

My ridiculous attempt at predicting this ridiculous tournament.

It's so hard to predict conference tourny's when some teams are just more up for games than others. But I do believe you picked the 2 teams in the finals that will last the longest in the big dance...

I think UConn and USF really need wins to clinch a bid. And if UConn does beat WV, then WV is on precarious footing, depending on how other tournies go. Basically, I doubt all three of those teams get in, more likely 1 or 2.

Anyone else think different?

With no bids being "stolen" by mid-majors thus far and such a soft bubble, I think UConn and WVU are already in, USF needs one more win, and Seton Hall might need one more win.

So UConn is likely in. WV, I am not so sure. Seton Hall and USF on the bubble.

Lots of other conference tourney action left, with a bunch of other bubble teams. If teams like Texas, NW, Colo State can win games in their tournies, I think one or two of those four marginal Big East teams doesn't make it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
So UConn is likely in. WV, I am not so sure. Seton Hall and USF on the bubble.

Lots of other conference tourney action left, with a bunch of other bubble teams. If teams like Texas, NW, Colo State can win games in their tournies, I think one or two of those four marginal Big East teams doesn't make it.

They are both locks IMO. 7-10 seeds

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
They are both locks IMO. 7-10 seeds

I am not so sure. Seton Hall and UConn were under .500 in a conference that wasn't as tough as the B10 or B12. WV was at .500. Texas, as an analog, was at .500, but in a conference without the soft bottom that the Big East had. Their SOS is very similar to, or better than, those 4 Big East teams. None of them have a ton of wins against Top 25 or Top 50 teams, 1 or 2 each. I personally think a team like Texas gets the nod over UConn, Seton Hall or WV right now. USF is kind of a weird case because they did so well late in the season, but they beat no one OOC and they only beat 1 ranked team.

Or how about Colorado State? More wins against T25 than any of the schools we are discussing, SOS is a little softer but not bad, and they still have games to play.

Of course, this all can change quickly, as all these teams (except WV) have games left to play. But I'd wager that not all four of those Big East bubble teams make it. That would be 11 from the Big East, and I'd bet on 9.

To note, I also am assuming that there will be some bracket busters this week that cause problems - so there will be fewer spots for these bubble teams to go. If all the tournaments go on with basically no surprises that matter - which basically never happens - then maybe there is a chance those teams all get in. But I doubt it.

Of course, this all can change quickly, as all these teams (except WV) have games left to play. But I'd wager that not all four of those Big East bubble teams make it. That would be 11 from the Big East, and I'd bet on 9.

I've never heard of an 11th team in the discussion. There are ten teams in the discussion. After USF's win last night, I think nine of them are in for sure and Seton Hall is the team that will have to sweat on Sunday.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
I am not so sure. Seton Hall and UConn were under .500 in a conference that wasn't as tough as the B10 or B12. WV was at .500. Texas, as an analog, was at .500, but in a conference without the soft bottom that the Big East had. Their SOS is very similar to, or better than, those 4 Big East teams. None of them have a ton of wins against Top 25 or Top 50 teams, 1 or 2 each. I personally think a team like Texas gets the nod over UConn, Seton Hall or WV right now. USF is kind of a weird case because they did so well late in the season, but they beat no one OOC and they only beat 1 ranked team.

Or how about Colorado State? More wins against T25 than any of the schools we are discussing, SOS is a little softer but not bad, and they still have games to play.

To note, I also am assuming that there will be some bracket busters this week that cause problems - so there will be fewer spots for these bubble teams to go. If all the tournaments go on with basically no surprises that matter - which basically never happens - then maybe there is a chance those teams all get in. But I doubt it.

You do realize UConn has a top 3 SOS along with a top 30 RPI right? I don't think UConn is anywhere near the bubble anymore. And WVU is going to be a 10-11 seed. If Texas gets in they are playing in the play in round. USF is probably in after last night. SHU is the only maybe at this point.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
I've never heard of an 11th team in the discussion. There are ten teams in the discussion. After USF's win last night, I think nine of them are in for sure and Seton Hall is the team that will have to sweat on Sunday.

Agreed. SHU depends on what happens in the Big 10/Big 12/A-10 Tourneys

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
You do realize UConn has a top 3 SOS along with a top 30 RPI right? I don't think UConn is anywhere near the bubble anymore. And WVU is going to be a 10-11 seed. If Texas gets in they are playing in the play in round. USF is probably in after last night. SHU is the only maybe at this point.

Agreed. SHU depends on what happens in the Big 10/Big 12/A-10 Tourneys

Per Sagarin, UConn's SOS is 16th nationally (this includes yesterday's game), Texas' is 15th. Going into conference tourney play, they were both 19-12 overall. They each have one win over a T25 team. UConn had an easier conference schedule to plow through, but not by a ton. Very, very similar squads in background. UConn beat WV which likely gets them in, just as Texas likely gets in (full bid, not the play-in round) with a win over ISU tonight. For either one, a first round loss in the conference tourney puts them, IMO, on the bubble, hoping for a play-in 12/13 bid.

WV has a 14th SOS per Sagarin, so again right there with the other two. They finish 19-13. They actually have 2 wins over T25 teams though. I call them a bubble team too, right in the middle. UConn is leaning in, Texas leaning out, at the moment.

But, UConn won, so they are likely in. Texas, we'll see tonight. B12/B10/A10 tournies matter, so does MWC, maybe a couple other conferences as well, to see what bubble teams need an at-large bid. Drexel already got thrown into the mix.