FUCK NEAL COTTS

Jordan4life_2003

Personally i'm tired of hearing about Cotts.  He has no business being in the big leagues right now anyway.  Don't get me wrong.  He'll be a great pitcher in the future.  But he's only up now outta desperation as the Sox r trying to find a capable 5th starter.  The real star of tonights gm is Wright.  He looked real good out there tonight.  A lot more confident then in past starts.  He really shut the Angels down after it looked like it was gonna be another highscoring slugfest.  His overall future might be as a starter.  But as far as 2003 goes he's better off as well as the team as a reliever...

Pardon my animosity here, but you are a dumb f*** for starting this thread. First of all, to post something like that when the kid has only one start is ridiculous. Hell, Bart Colon got hammered the night before. Yes, he walked a lot and no, I did not see it so I couldn't tell if he was all over the place or just nibbling too much, but the bottom line is the Sox had enough confidence to call him up for a reason. They would be stupid to give up on him now, without a second chance.

Secondly, everyone has seemed quite happy that Jim Bullard and even Neal himself has posted on this board. Ask yourself this, if you are a Minor League player and you read that title, do you ever come back to this f***ing board again?? HELL NO

In my opinion your ignorance is obvious, but it also may (should) have just cost this board the opportunity to get information directly from players themselves.

Way to go, you idiot!

No way I have to disagree. The kid made some good pitches, and he just has to adapt to the strikezone up here.

He might of been nervous too, playing the defending world champions in your first major league start, hell I sure would be nervous. Even if they had all their stars on the DL.

I still have faith in Mr. Cotts, eventually he will be one helluva a pitcher.

CWSOX45

Pardon my animosity here, but you are a dumb f*** for starting this thread.  First of all, to post something like that when the kid has only one start is ridiculous.  Hell, Bart Colon got hammered the night before.  Yes, he walked a lot and no, I did not see it so I couldn't tell if he was all over the place or just nibbling too much, but the bottom line is the Sox had enough confidence to call him up for a reason.  They would be stupid to give up on him now, without a second chance.

Secondly, everyone has seemed  quite happy that Jim Bullard and even Neal himself has posted on this board.  Ask  yourself this, if you are a Minor League player and you read that title, do you ever come back to this f***ing board again??  HELL NO

In my opinion your ignorance is obvious, but it also may (should) have just cost this board the opportunity to get information directly from players themselves. 

Way to go, you idiot!

I almost forgot about that. Neal is now a member of these messageboards.

I find that post disrespectful on a personal level as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

CWSOX45

Pardon my animosity here, but you are a dumb f*** for starting this thread.  First of all, to post something like that when the kid has only one start is ridiculous.  Hell, Bart Colon got hammered the night before.  Yes, he walked a lot and no, I did not see it so I couldn't tell if he was all over the place or just nibbling too much, but the bottom line is the Sox had enough confidence to call him up for a reason.  They would be stupid to give up on him now, without a second chance.

Secondly, everyone has seemed  quite happy that Jim Bullard and even Neal himself has posted on this board.  Ask  yourself this, if you are a Minor League player and you read that title, do you ever come back to this f***ing board again??  HELL NO

Way to go, you idiot!

I find that post disrespectful on a personal level as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

CWSOX45

Yeah, you are right. It's the same as put a thread like this: f*** Rafacosta.

Ooooo... I hope he stops by to say hi soon...

:wub:

Way to go, you idiot!

CWSOX45

f*** Rafacosta :lol:

FWIW, I don't know the do's and don't of message boards, but I personally would not be offended if an admin deleted this thread for the obvious reason, but also because it is brining nothing new to the table. We already have 2 or 3 other threads discussing Neal and his start.

Way to go, you idiot!

CWSOX45

:lol: :lol: ;) :bringit :dips***

I'm serious on this, if a guy put a thread like that i wouldnt be happy.

Way to go, you idiot!

CWSOX45

I am just trying to lighten it up in here, but I do agree with you. The amount of sheer ignorance that was exhibited last night was astounding. Granted it was a chosen few idiots, but I will be SERIOUSLY pissed off if guys like Jim Bullard and Neal Cotts don't post here again because of those jackasses. :angry:

FWIW, I don't know the do's and don't of message boards, but I personally would not be offended if an admin deleted this thread for the obvious reason, but also because it is brining nothing new to the table.  We already have 2 or 3 other threads discussing Neal and his start.

Well.... since my word is law around here... :lol: :D

so here's the question - change it? I am most uncomfortable with it but - at least for now, those who strongly object to it should be very clear - a little peer pressure might be best now - but do it in another thread so this one will pass off the main baord

It is Neal, not Neil.

Kind of like calling Jose Valentin, Jose Valentine.  It is a pet peeve of many people, including myself.

If you are going to rip the guy at least get his name right.

We expect E-Lo, Bart, and Mark to win games with their arms, after that it's up to our bats, like last night, to come through. If Neal can get us 5-6 maybe 7 innings and we're in position to win he has done as well as can be expected. You win some on the mound and some at the box.

Lighten up I've seen worse from better pitchers this season.

Way to go, you idiot!

CWSOX45

I am just trying to lighten it up in here, but I do agree with you. The amount of sheer ignorance that was exhibited last night was astounding. Granted it was a chosen few idiots, but I will be SERIOUSLY pissed off if guys like Jim Bullard and Neal Cotts don't post here again because of those jackasses. :angry:

What if Billy Koch or Danny Wright posted on this board? Should they be free from criticism? A lot of players have been criticized. I agree the thread topic is too much, and it was his Major League debut, so he should get a break. People did go way overboard with name calling, but if they choose to go overboard, it should be their choice. Hopefully, Cotts and Bullard will understand the passion people have here for the Sox,not take the name calling personally, and continue to post here. I'm sure Neal isn't too happy about his performance last night.

between those who want the title changed - and the alternative of letting this thread pass off the main board on its own - and the ample other places to dsicuss Neal Cotts - I am closing this, uncensored (other than last night when I corrected the spelling of Neal), but so that it will move on off the main board