FUCK NEAL COTTS

Jordan4life_2003

Personally i'm tired of hearing about Cotts. He has no business being in the big leagues right now anyway. Don't get me wrong. He'll be a great pitcher in the future. But he's only up now outta desperation as the Sox r trying to find a capable 5th starter. The real star of tonights gm is Wright. He looked real good out there tonight. A lot more confident then in past starts. He really shut the Angels down after it looked like it was gonna be another highscoring slugfest. His overall future might be as a starter. But as far as 2003 goes he's better off as well as the team as a reliever...

Personally i'm tired of hearing about Cotts.  He has no business being in the big leagues right now anyway.  Don't get me wrong.  He'll be a great pitcher in the future.  But he's only up now outta desperation as the Sox r trying to find a capable 5th starter.  The real star of tonights gm is Wright.  He looked real good out there tonight.  A lot more confident then in past starts.  He really shut the Angels down after it looked like it was gonna be another highscoring slugfest.  His overall future might be as a starter.  But as far as 2003 goes he's better off as well as the team as a reliever...

wow.... someone willing to say what we all think.... nice post and a refreshing viewpoint......

i think we were all disappointed by his debut.... i hope he does well in the future.... but it looks like he needs work

We've tried Dan again and again and again....and he has done nothing out of the starters role.

Do like you said, and just use him out of the pen. Give Neal one more shot at it, and if he fails again, just say, hey you tried your hardest and that couldn't get it done, don't worry about it.

I don't want Wright starting anymore. Try Cooper or Diaz, assuming they're healty, or trade for a starter via the waiver wire. There will be someone available. Possibly Livan Hernandez, Kevin Jarvis, players like that.

Wright is fine in the pen, and he should be groomed as the closer next year. If at all possible trade Koch in a deal too.

I guess never working with his catcher, not getting any rest and not getting to know how the game was going to be called had nothing to do with it? Give him a break Jordan...I have seen many worse outings from Danny boy and I am not worried about Cotts. I think if he is given another start he will be able to do much better and show what he can do.

Nothing like kicking a guy when he is down, huh?

They gave Danny, God knows how many chances to secure it, and he failed, but Neal only gets one chance? Doesn't make much sense to me...

I agree with you. Porzio had a couple of chances, also. Cotts should get at least one more chance.

Danny won 14 last year - I certainly would let him have more opportunties to start - but I would try Cotts again next time we need the 5th starter -

Danny is young and has time and Cotts showed enough today to merit the next chance and if it helps Danny to bear down watching Cotts start, great!

I agree with you.  Porzio had a couple of chances, also.  Cotts should get at least one more chance.

for sure he deserves another shot....

but i was disappointed... i think we all wanted something spectacular...(blackjack, prior, harden, 20 strikeouts) i really wanted it

he should get another shot, but he has got to find the plate.....

good luck kid

go sox

Don't know if this is good or not but 5 of his 6 walks were on Full counts. Could be his out pitch wasn't there. He was throwing at least 2 strikes to batters. of course if he's 3-0 and the batter waits then he gets to 3-2, but I say give him another shot, Dan Wright Sucks. If Wright starts the complaints will be the same.. Ohh Wrigth is a cocksucker, he sucks yada yada yada

It is Neal, not Neil.

Kind of like calling Jose Valentin, Jose Valentine.  It is a pet peeve of many people, including myself.

spelling our own players' names right is kind of important, I certainly agree

baseball is a game of stats and spelling is one of them

otherwise Berry/Barry trades happen!

It is Neal, not Neil.

Kind of like calling Jose Valentin, Jose Valentine.  It is a pet peeve of many people, including myself.

spelling our own players' names right is kind of important, I certainly agree

baseball is a game of stats and spelling is one of them

otherwise Berry/Barry trades happen!

That is exactly right.

I laugh every time I think of that. :lol:

KW :bang

Don't know if this is good or not but 5 of his 6 walks were on Full counts. Could be his out pitch wasn't there. He was throwing at least 2 strikes to batters. of course if he's 3-0 and the batter waits then he gets to 3-2, but I say give him another shot, Dan Wright Sucks. If Wright starts the complaints will be the same.. Ohh Wrigth is a cocksucker, he sucks yada yada yada

Thats optimistic , the walks of full counts. He walked 6 of the last 10 batters he faced. Put him in when the game is out of hand , and see what he does then, maybe then he could get untracked. He, in no way, should get another start in the big leagues until next spring, until he throws strikes.Wright has been bad this year, and I think his elbow hurts. He was massaging it on the bench yesterday. He is the best option right now for a fifth starter, if he throws strikes he's pretty good. But please, no more throwing guys making their major league debuts on the mound for games you have to win. Lets face it, there was a lot better chance of Cotts struggling last night, than of him twirling a gem. I was pissed at his performance last night, but not at him. He's just not ready. Hopefully someday he will be.

Don't know if this is good or not but 5 of his 6 walks were on Full counts. Could be his out pitch wasn't there. He was throwing at least 2 strikes to batters. of course if he's 3-0 and the batter waits then he gets to 3-2, but I say give him another shot, Dan Wright Sucks.

Good analysis ( :rolleyes: ) but a walk is a walk..... whether you walk him after being 3-2 or starting him off 0-2.

And, when the dust on last nights start for Cotts settled, was anyone here really surprised that Cotts walked so many and struggled in only 2 1/3rd's? We knew Cotts walked alot of batters in AA so why would anyone think that the BB's would suddenly change now that he is in the ML's? Did anyone here really buy some of the posters argument that..... 'he won't struggle, he's awesome!' :rolleyes:

Reading the Cotts prediction thread, I think alot of posters here put some really unrealistic expectations on Neal.

Having said that, DW still isn't who I want in the 5th starter spot but he showed how valuable he could be coming in from the BP.

:bang to me for sounding like a broken record, but Dan Wright cannot be an effective starter with only 2 pitches, unless one of them is a 99 mph fastball. He will be much more effective out of the bullpen. Might be better for him mentally as well. He sure seemed more confident last night than he did in any of his starts.