Sox utilizing new ticketing system

southsider2k5

Has anyone searched for Sox tickets lately? They completely overhauled the ticket system, instead of putting in a price range and seeing what pops up, you now are taken to an interactive map which shows you exactly what seats are available all over the park. It is awesome.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
You mean like Stubhub.

BTW I've been getting calls from Sox tix reps this spring, which is odd because I had season tix once, in 2005.

They must be experiencing sloooooow sales this year if they're calling me.

Same idea except way nicer. It actually has seat by seat map, which lights up the seats which are available. If you hover over an available seat, it tells you how much it is, including the ticket fee.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Has anyone searched for Sox tickets lately? They completely overhauled the ticket system, instead of putting in a price range and seeing what pops up, you now are taken to an interactive map which shows you exactly what seats are available all over the park. It is awesome.

I noticed that buying some other tickets last year. It's kind of ridiculous that it took Ticketmaster this long to figure that out, instead of the "best available" randomly throwing you to different sections of the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)

They had that last year. You can also still look for tickets the "old way"

Sox are offering $9 UD seats and $27 LD seats for Thursday night's game to promote Humber's first start since his perfecto.

I think it's a cool idea.. too bad I can't go that night. I really doubt this will have much of an impact on attendance... Thursday night, in the 40s, I can't see more than 20K showing up, even against the Red Sox.