Jake

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And the mental mistakes continue.

Another reminder why we need Baines as a 1B coach, lol.

Scherzer is notorious for not having a very good pick-up move.

Beckham the other night, DeAza getting picked off...the wheels are completely coming off at this point.

Just wait for Axelrod against Cabrera/Fielder/Avila and Stults against a highly-underrated Indians' line-up. There will be many "it's always darkest before the dawn" comments coming.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:35 PM)
Yep. It seems many people still have high expectations for this team for some reason. The saving grace of Sale to the bullpen is the fact that it will likely push Kenny (or his replacement) to fully commit to a rebuild instead of this stuck in between nonsense.

It prob has to do with the fact that losing and rebuilding are no fun.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
This. I think if we trade for a good young bat we can compete though. s***, maybe 2-3 or 4 bats. This lineup as is will not effectively grind down any pitchers all year.

It will grind down the fans' patience, though.

We've already seen this tired act for 3+ years now, the main difference is we could additonally watch Carlos Quentin jack another 30 randomly-timed homers out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
It will grind down the fans' patience, though.

We've already seen this tired act for 3+ years now, the main difference is we could additonally watch Carlos Quentin jack another 30 randomly-timed homers out.

Right...nobody wants to watch a team stink(except for Cubs fans). You think attendance is bad now. Wait until we go on a long losing streak.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
Right...nobody wants to watch a team stink(except for Cubs fans). You think attendance is bad now. Wait until we go on a long losing streak.

The attendance can't get much worse. Already 13th of 14 AL teams...it would be something to catch Oakland in that department.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
It prob has to do with the fact that losing and rebuilding are no fun.

I'm okay with it. I'd enjoy a clear cut direction in building for a better and more sustainable future versus being stuck in .500ish purgatory for many years.

Though I'm someone who will watch the Sox good or bad.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
I'm okay with it. I'd enjoy a clear cut direction in building for a better and more sustainable future versus being stuck in .500ish purgatory for the foreseeable future.

Though I'm someone who will watch the Sox good or bad.

Thats fine and all. Rebuilding sometimes is good. The problem is we dont know how long thats going to take. It could be a while before were good enough to get into the playoffs. By a while I mean it could take more than just a few years.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
Living near Kansas City...I'm scared to death of rebuilding. The Royals have been attempted 7 different rebuilding plans since 1994.

Exactly....you could be even more screwed than you were in the first place.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Lost in the offensive ineptitude is Gavin pitching well again.

One bad inning where he got dinked. Don't buy into the doom and gloom, this is a competitive Sox team that will be in contention this season.

Konerko is the man. But solo homers...

And Gavin Floyd is increasing his value for an upcoming trade. Nothing else.

Although I really would love to see who Ventura would go with to close a game out today. Somehow I have a feeling it wouldn't be Reed.