• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Hahaha Morel is a joke

He looks like a pitcher at the plate. The 0-1 swing was comical. He looks so overmatched, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent down after the road trip.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
He looks like a pitcher at the plate. The 0-1 swing was comical. He looks so overmatched, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent down after the road trip.

I really hope so

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)

Morel and Vicedo are both bad. Vicedo was a waste of time and money. And he doesn't deserve a nickname like tank, either.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Morel and Vicedo are both bad. Vicedo was a waste of time and money. And he doesn't deserve a nickname like tank, either.

Way, way too early to tell with Viciedo. Viciedo at least swings hard in case he makes contact. Every swing by Morel looks like an 0-2 protect swing. However, Viciedo needs to avoid falling into Josh Fields territory where he can't cover the fastball. Again, it wouldn't be in the worst interest of Sox fans if Morel hits .150 this year in the majors. If it means they go out and find a new 3B this offseason, that would be the best possible solution.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:28 PM)
Way, way too early to tell with Viciedo. However, he needs to avoid falling into Josh Fields territory where he can't cover the fastball.

It would be too early if he was making the major league minimum, but he's not. I don't see him coming around, either. We have a major league team and we treat it like a farm team waiting for guys to come around.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
It would be too early if he was making the major league minimum, but he's not. I don't see him coming around, either. We have a major league team and we treat it like a farm team waiting for guys to come around.

We really don't have a competitive team this year with Axelrod being placed into the rotation. The sooner you come to realize that, the easier it is to accept. Hope for Beckham and Viciedo to prove they can actually start in the majors...and that's about the only reason to watch anymore.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
I woke up for THAT mess, lol?

Maybe it would have been better to keep sleeping with the way things are going now...

Morel 32 k's, Dunn 40. Brent is going to set some kind of record for most K's without a homer in a season.

He'll make a September run. Balta will post I told you so.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
We really don't have a competitive team this year with Axelrod being placed into the rotation. The sooner you come to realize that, the easier it is to accept. Hope for Beckham and Viciedo to prove they can actually start in the majors...and that's about the only reason to watch anymore.

I accepted it before Sale moved into the pen. We are basically giving these guys major league tryouts for other teams...if they ever come around, I'm sure it will happen the year their contracts expire.

Yep. It seems many people still have high expectations for this team for some reason. The saving grace of Sale to the bullpen is the fact that it will likely push Kenny (or his replacement) to fully commit to a rebuild instead of this stuck in between nonsense.

Edited by DirtySox

Okay Dick, let's forgo having the Cooper/Walker debate in a game thread because at this point it's beyond pitching and hitting coaches.

Baseball is a game of momentum, and it has turned completely against us for now. It's really going to test Ventura's mettle in terms of whether he really wants to be a major league manager long-term or just stepped into the pool with a few toes to test the water.

This. I think if we trade for a good young bat we can compete though. s***, maybe 2-3 or 4 bats. This lineup as is will not effectively grind down any pitchers all year.