Fukudome complains to Japanese press about sitting

caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
If Fukudome wanted to earn a starting job, he shouldn't have stunk with the Indians last year, and he should have been ready to really step up and contribute in the shots he's gotten this year rather than hitting .176 out of the gate.

That too :lolhitting

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

私は、フィールドにもっとプレイしてバットでより多くを取得したい

I think this might be the Japanese translation to I want to play more and get more at bats :lolhitting I don't see the problem does anyone else?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 9, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
It was funny, in that thread, no one did provide a quote that fit what I asked for - until I did. And even then, everyone forgot that I never said it didn't happen - I said I hadn't seen it. I was questioning the leap being made, seemingly without evidence, since no one provided it.

This is what this is all about - the yell and scream crowd. You did it as a perfect example here. So did the people with the OMG THEY ARE FUKEING SALE AROUND WHAT THE HELL ARE THE DOING THEY HAVE NO PLAN OMG WTF BBQ reactions about Sale going to the pen.

Have whatever opinion you'd like, but if you make a statement that makes an unfounded leap, then you will gete called on it. That's one of the great things about this board. I knew I'd get called out about Sale, so I just kept asking for proof of inconsistency. I finally found it myself. What you did was the opposite - you made the leap without evidence, and haven't been able to find any evidence the leap has any foundation in reality.

Because you kept changing the target, first it was where he wouldn't be starting for the remainder of the year, then where it was permanent, that under no possible circumstances ever would Sale ever start again, then it was it had to be a "direct quote" from Ventura/KW/Cooper, and not the writer's understanding or characterization of what those various people said...you were making a leap contrary to an overwhelming (albeit contradictory) body of evidence over the first 2-3 days of this that they weren't messing around with Sale.

So then I'll ask you to define what exactly is "messing around with a player" in your idea. Give me an example of where a team DID mess with a player and the fanbase/s had a right to be critical or upset, whereas we don't right now have any right to be concerned.

The foundation is based on every single quote from Chris Sale saying that HE wants to start...and contradictory quotes from every single other person involved in this about when or if that will actually happen.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
私は、フィールドにもっとプレイしてバットでより多くを取得したい

I think this might be the Japanese translation to I want to play more and get more at bats :lolhitting I don't see the problem does anyone else?

No, that's "I love sex, but that doesn't mean I'm easy."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
Yes. Hence the problem. They get stuck into rebuilding mode...forever, then the course gets short-circuited because someone decides it's time to win now. Just like you're doing every single post.

If KW gets canned this year, I don't think you have to worry about his replacement trying to win now. KW has left the proverbial cupboard bare.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 9, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
If KW gets canned this year, I don't think you have to worry about his replacement trying to win now. KW has left the proverbial cupboard bare.

And yet you keep insisting this team is built to win now, and should platoon its 23 year old LF with a 35 year old hitting .170 to win more games now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
And yet you keep insisting this team is built to win now, and should platoon its 23 year old LF with a 35 year old hitting .170 to win more games now.

Well, with Peavy pitching like an ace it certainly isn't built to win next year.

You said Viciedo is a 3-year project, how many of those are MLB rosters right now? If you can find any, I submit that Viciedo has the least upside of any of them.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:33 AM)
According to Balta, he's a 3-year project. How many 3-year projects are currently on MLB rosters?

Like Beckham three year project? suck for three years and then hit 'enough' to stick around and hit 9th?

Marty, quit asking to sit one of our only decent prospects in his rookie season at the age of 23. Your lack of patience is remarkable, even amongst a crowd that includes people looking to sign Peavy to a monster extension.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)
I wish I had Harvey Levin's money, lol.

The People's Court rocks, btw. Better than that evil Judge Judy.

Wrong.

Judge Judy is the real deal.

I love the way she blatantly abuses the dumb.

If I wasn't married, and if she wasn't married, and if she wasn't 100 years old, and if she didn't look like a ventriliquist puppet.....ooh baby....

Oh, and Kosuke is within his right to want more AB, but I don't know how much I'd play him now that it's not April anymore.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 11, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
Marty, quit asking to sit one of our only decent prospects in his rookie season at the age of 23. Your lack of patience is remarkable, even amongst a crowd that includes people looking to sign Peavy to a monster extension.

To quote Herm Edwards, you play to win the game.

Since Viciedo's a 3-year project no one can legitimately argue that benching him against RH'ers in favor of Fukudome for the time being will ruin or even retard his progress.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 11, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
To quote Herm Edwards, you play to win the game.

Since Viciedo's a 3-year project no one can legitimately argue that benching him against RH'ers in favor of Fukudome for the time being will ruin or even retard his progress.

Benching a guy for most games won't slow down his progress? Um, yeah...