GT: White Sox @ Angels

justBLAZE

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
It would be pretty darned ironic if Viciedo does end up back at 3B, after all this.

That type of desperate measure really has the potential to make the desperation trade and extension of Teahen look extremely short-sighted.

Who did we trade for him, Getz and Fields? That just screams of "desperation." Wtf? :lolhitting

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 17, 2012 -> 05:30 AM)
not full time!! only for the Cubs series, interleague.

Campana might have 10 bunt hits this weekend if we make that move. I don't think for a second the Sox will do that. Escobar will get an extended look at 3b if they bench Morel.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
For this year, Fukudome/Lillibridge?

I figured...was trying to search my tired brain for anyone in the minors not named Mitchell pushing for ML time

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
Dan Johnson ? Thought he was doing fine in AAA.

Can he play OF? I don't know him well other than that he had a good spring

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
We're not gonna beat a team like the Angels on the road at this stage of the season.

Not gonna happen.

Sox really starting to stink. Sad.

You're a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I'm one of the biggest homers you'll ever find and even I'm ready for the Brent Morel era to die...forever. Please, KW, as a parting shot, don't f*** up the deadline trades.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 17, 2012 -> 04:37 AM)
You're a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I'm one of the biggest homers you'll ever find and even I'm ready for the Brent Morel era to die...forever. Please, KW, as a parting shot, don't f*** up the deadline trades.

This team really blows.

It's just too hard to stay positive.

I still watch because I love baseball and am only interested in the White Sox basically. The Royals intrigue me, but that team blows, as well. Plus I have no lifelong interest in that team.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 17, 2012 -> 05:37 AM)

It is amazing how many young Sox hitters take HUGE steps back in their 2nd season. Maybe it's the curse of Mike Caruso, as we've seen this with Fields and Beckham also. At least we can't blame Greg Walker for this (and yes, that's sincere and not sarcasm).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
This team really blows.

It's just too hard to stay positive.

I still watch because I love baseball and am only interested in the White Sox basically. The Royals intrigue me, but that team blows, as well. Plus I have no lifelong interest in that team.

We don't blow, we're just not a very good, well rounded team. I knew that going into the year. I try to not get so fatalistic for every game. Give it a try. We sucked tonight, but at least Viciedo and Konerko had great nights. It's called the bright side, man. :unsure:

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2012 -> 04:40 AM)
It is amazing how many young Sox hitters take HUGE steps back in their 2nd season. Maybe it's the curse of Mike Caruso, as we've seen this with Fields and Beckham also. At least we can't blame Greg Walker for this (and yes, that's sincere and not sarcasm).

It would be nice to put Dayan at third and Fuko in leftfield the rest of the season. Why the heck not? I mean as you have said a million times, the team is going nowhere. Morel is simply horrible. Who cares if Dayan boots some grounders at this point? The renewed offense might spark the team. If Dayan is a total sieve at third, change it back after a week.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 17, 2012 -> 04:43 AM)
We don't blow, we're just not a very good, well rounded team. I knew that going into the year. I try to not get so fatalistic for every game. Give it a try. We sucked tonight, but at least Viciedo and Konerko had great nights. It's called the bright side, man. :unsure:

Generally the Sox do have a bright side most games. Some facet of the game blows, however, and more often than not gives us yet another L. Tonight, Floyd sucked as well as the lumber.

Morel might contribute this season but pretending that the guy is going to turn it around in the majors is cruel and unusual punishment to him and fans alike. If Valencia can be sent down -- a guy who's already proven himself at this level-- what's keeping the sox from doing the same? Valencia is their 3b of the future, too!

Williams is beyond frustrating.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
Who did we trade for him, Getz and Fields? That just screams of "desperation." Wtf? :lolhitting

The desperation was forcing him into the equation as the long-term answer at 3B instead of just as an experimental, one-season stopgap.

The same thing as if we traded for Callaspo from the Angels to play there for the remainder of THIS season.

Because of that idiotic, unwarranted extension, we traded Edwin Jackson for the last reliever on our major league roster (albeit, he's pitching better than expected, but still not a great end result).

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
No idea, I assume anyone can play LF

:lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)

Morel played so badly last year that we thought that a step back would be impossible....he proved us wrong :gosox2:

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)
The desperation was forcing him into the equation as the long-term answer at 3B instead of just as an experimental, one-season stopgap.

The same thing as if we traded for Callaspo from the Angels to play there for the remainder of THIS season.

Because of that idiotic, unwarranted extension, we traded Edwin Jackson for the last reliever on our major league roster (albeit, he's pitching better than expected, but still not a great end result).

I have to think we could sign Teahen off the street right now and he'd outproduce Morel

EDIT: guess he's tearing it up in AAA for the Nats currently

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)

Viciedo was signed 2 years before Teahen started playing for the Sox. He was supposed to be the stop gap. He was signed for 3 years, right? That's a reasonable window for Viciedo to be ready. The Edwin Jackson rant is just a typical rant that may, or may not be related. You're just mad and you're gonna let everyone know, damnit!!!

*edit* 1 year before, not 2

Edited by TaylorStSox

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 17, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
Viciedo was signed 2 years before Teahen started playing for the Sox. He was supposed to be the stop gap. He was signed for 3 years, right? That's a reasonable window for Viciedo to be ready. The Edwin Jackson rant is just a typical rant that may, or may not be related. You're just mad and you're gonna let everyone know, damnit!!!

*edit* 1 year before, not 2

Viciedo was signed in November, 2008.

Teahen was traded for in November, 2009. (Looks like ONE year to me, not two).

When Viciedo was acquired, many thought he was going to be able to play at the major league level in either 2009 or 2010 (that's what actually ended up happening, he was very good when he first came up in 2010 before he tailed off at the end).

The reason they signed Teahen is because they had already given up on Dayan Viciedo playing 3B after that season at Birmingham.

At that time, nobody was expecting Dayan to stay at 3B because the organization was already viewing him as an outfielder/1B/DH type.

Mad? There's no point in being mad about something that already happened. But to turn around after all this time and making Viciedo the starting 3B again would be ridiculous.

The point is that we once again have nothing to show for a quality big league starting pitcher in Edwin Jackson...and we would have been better off simply sticking with Dayan Viciedo at 3B going into the 2010 season, in which case he would have three had full years of experience coming into 2012 instead of merely one.

Now, because our minor league depth is so bad, we don't have a replacement behind Morel. So we're stuck ONCE AGAIN moving one of our position players around instead of having the depth to replace them from within...a strategy that clearly hasn't worked very well.

Edited by caulfield12