De Aza

SoIL

Didn't see this posted. per Rotoworld.

Alejandro De Aza (leg) expects to play Friday.

De Aza was removed from Wednesya's game against the Rays after getting hit in the leg by an errant pick off throw. He appeared to be in severe pain, but the 28-year-old center fielder only suffered a stinger and bruising. De Aza is batting .284/.363/.421 with four homers, 22 RBI and 11 stolen bases in 51 games played this season.

QUOTE (SoIL @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Didn't see this posted. per Rotoworld.

Alejandro De Aza (leg) expects to play Friday.

De Aza was removed from Wednesya's game against the Rays after getting hit in the leg by an errant pick off throw. He appeared to be in severe pain, but the 28-year-old center fielder only suffered a stinger and bruising. De Aza is batting .284/.363/.421 with four homers, 22 RBI and 11 stolen bases in 51 games played this season.

Good to hear that it's nothing serious. I guess Fukudome will get some playing time on Friday.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 30, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Good news. And I swear the pitcher on the Rays was trying to drill him. 100%. Glad we swept em. Onward.

Good thing Howell's fastball tops out at about 78. Otherwise, there could have been more damage.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 30, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
Good news. And I swear the pitcher on the Rays was trying to drill him. 100%. Glad we swept em. Onward.

I know. i have never seen anyone miss the second basemen on a pickoff play by THAT MUCH in THAT direction. such a COINCIDENCE that it happened when other things were flaring up in the past 2 games that led to this. They practice this play a lot. NO way you miss throwing at the ground 10 feet to your left

According to Maddon, there is no way a pitcher can miss by 3 or 4 feet and throw behind a batter, that has to be intentional. But a pitcher CAN miss by 6ft or more at 2/3 the distance and that is just a bad throw. I used to have some respect for Maddon as a manager, but the way his team has behaved first with Boston and now the Sox has shown them for the whiny little beyoches they really are.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 31, 2012 -> 07:10 AM)
According to Maddon, there is no way a pitcher can miss by 3 or 4 feet and throw behind a batter, that has to be intentional. But a pitcher CAN miss by 6ft or more at 2/3 the distance and that is just a bad throw. I used to have some respect for Maddon as a manager, but the way his team has behaved first with Boston and now the Sox has shown them for the whiny little beyoches they really are.

They've decided they are going to be intimidators on the diamond if things arent going their way, unfortunately they forgot that scoring and preventing runs was more important.