2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Yes and he is outstanding there.

Hes a wing, but thanks.

What is your point? I never said Kane wasn't good at C and I never said he didn't play wing. My point was that Kane for Plekanec is giving up great potential for good player, but Subban for Hjalmarsson is great potential for 5th defenseman.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point was that you said Kane's a center, which is incorrect. You also tried to paint a picture that Kane = Plekanec, which is also incorrect.

You also said it would be a steal for the Hawks, yet the Hawks, in theory, were holding out for more draft picks.

If you think that deal is a steal, well, I don't know what to tell you. There's a huge difference between Hammer an PK, but also a huge difference between Kane and Plekanec, whether you want to believe that or not is your choice.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
Your point was that you said Kane's a center, which is incorrect. You also tried to paint a picture that Kane = Plekanec, which is also incorrect.

You also said it would be a steal for the Hawks, yet the Hawks, in theory, were holding out for more draft picks.

If you think that deal is a steal, well, I don't know what to tell you. There's a huge difference between Hammer an PK, but also a huge difference between Kane and Plekanec, whether you want to believe that or not is your choice.

No, my point was that if the Hawks go into the season with their current team, Kane will be their 2nd line C. Coach Q and the organization refuse to give Sharp any shot at that spot, which is fine if Kane plays well.

In my eyes, getting Subban and Plekanec for Kane would be a steal. It'd be an even bigger one if the Hawks received a pick or two in the deal.

I never said Kane = Plekanec. The only thing I said was both are 2nd line C's. Right now, Kane is their 2nd line C barring a trade. So yes, 2nd line C = 2nd line C. However, Kane > Plekanec. But Plekanec is a good player and is only 29.

29 year old C (Plekanec) + young D man who is going to be very good (Subban) > 24 year old wing/C (Kane). It's just an opinion. If you'd rather have Hjalmarsson and Kane over Subban and Plekanec, that's fine and I can see why, but let's not act like my opinion is totally off base and wrong.

Subban > Hjalmarsson

Kane > Plekanec

Edited by soxfan49

You typing 2nd line center many posts ago for each put them on the same level. Go read it, it was the only way to interpret that post. It was an oversimplification you got rightly got called on.

BTW, it's impossible for Kane to play well at center. We've established that.

Your opinion if way off base if you actually think PK/Plek is a STEAL for Kane/Hammer.

Who's the best player in the trade? Pretty hard to have it be a steal when you're giving up the best player with the highest upside.

http://www.csnchicago.com/hockey-chicago-b...tm_medium=email

"The NHL's Declaration of War presented to the Players' Association in the guise of a first proposal on Friday would roll back the salary cap to approximately $52.5 million for 2012-13. The drop of nearly $10 million from last season would represent the lowest number since 2007-2008, sources with knowledge of the league's scheme have told Slap Shots.

"The NHL wants to roll the clock back to the 1960s, when its athletes were powerless and utterly without leverage. A proposed five-year Entry Level system followed by five years without the right to salary arbitration before free agency after 10 accrued NHL seasons would leave every player in the league at the mercy of his team for a decade in a hard cap league.

"That means that a minimum of $130 million in guaranteed contracts would somehow have to be shed by 19 teams that are currently over the league's proposed cap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks

The #Blackhawks have named Jamie Kompon assistant coach:

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc

Scouting report on Jamie Kompon from someone who would know:" utterly incompetent in handling the power play." #Blackhawks

Kings fans on other sites sending their condolences.. Should be a hell of a season! <_>

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:13 AM)
WHOA. 14 year, 100+ million offer sheet signed by Shea Weber with the Flyers.

Whoa. That's like two Ilya Bryzgalov contracts. I think Nashville almost has to sign him, especially after losing Suter. If not, they would get two 1sts, a 2nd, & a 3rd. Unless the AAV is over $8.4 mil, then it would be 4 first round draft picks.

I have a hunch the new CBA will close the loophole that allows deals like this:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Weber will receive $14 mil in each of 1st 4 years. $12 mil in next 2 yrs. $6mil in following 4 yrs...then $3mil and $1mil, $1mil,$1mil,$1mil

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 07:00 AM)
Whoa. That's like two Ilya Bryzgalov contracts. I think Nashville almost has to sign him, especially after losing Suter. If not, they would get two 1sts, a 2nd, & a 3rd. Unless the AAV is over $8.4 mil, then it would be 4 first round draft picks.

If I'm not mistaken, the AAV for offer sheets only calculated the first 5 years of the contract, so it's likely going to be 4 1st rounders. I don't think that $8.4 mil number is right thought. I think it's more like 7.6. With that said, I can't see NSH not matching this.