7/14 Game Thread: Sox vs Royals: 6pm WGN

Brian

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 02:48 AM)
Like Lefebre just said you need to wrestle Jake to get the ball out of his hands.

It's a different standard when he's on the mound.

That's just so stupid...you really fall for the "grinder" lines, don't you?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Come on, get him out of there. Sox are going to need Peavy during the 2nd half, and having him go 120 pitches in starts is just asking him to wear down.

Amen. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:49 AM)
That's just so stupid...you really fall for the "grinder" lines, don't you?

I'm telling you WHY they let him pitch so long compared to other starters.

You don't agree there's a different standard? Managers can't get the ball from him. Not saying I agree with it all the time tho.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 02:51 AM)
I'm telling you WHY they let him pitch so long compared to other starters.

You don't agree there's a different standard? Managers can't get the ball from him. Not saying I agree with it all the time tho.

If a manager is scared to take the ball from a pitcher, then that manager should not have a job.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:51 AM)
I am so tired of the KC pissants beating the Sox.

Except for the rare night we drill their horrendous starting pitching, they give us a game every time.

Don't know why we can't hammer their lousy pitching nightly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
If a manager is scared to take the ball from a pitcher, then that manager should not have a job.

You have to admit it happens a lot with Peavy. Ozzie, Robin, I'd assume the SD manager. They leave him in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

Problem is this is just not Peavy only...........RV has done this alot this year.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Well with Butler and Francour coming up you really don't want to go out with a lefty on the mound, who else could u really trust in a 1 run ball game. Jones is pretty much the only option.

The starting pitcher was clearly gassed, as he was lucky to survive the 6th and then gave up the homer in the 7th. Not only that, but Billy Butler owns Peavy. Let Omogrosso start the inning.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
Except for the rare night we drill their horrendous starting pitching, they give us a game every time.

Don't know why we can't hammer their lousy pitching nightly.

Because this team for years has had a mentality of playing to thir competition. It's the lack of a killer instinct by our team. The belief that there is always another day, until they run out.

It all pretty much came down to the decision of sacfrice bunting Beckham over, when has that ever worked out in our favour? You knew Dunn would be coming up and Konerko, who has been one of the worst players in the league that past month and a half, so why bunt.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:55 AM)
Because this team for years has had a mentality of playing to thir competition. It's the lack of a killer instinct by our team. The belief that there is always another day, until they run out.

Can't argue with that. We better win on Sunday and win this series. I understand why we are resting Sale, but I'd prefer winning 2 of 3 and worrying about Sale's arm later.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
After last year's relief appearance v Washington debacle, you'd think they'd have learned a lesson. Jake needs to have his bulldog priveleges neutered.

Maybe after tonight.

Fathom is right. Obviously he was done after seven.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 15, 2012 -> 01:57 AM)
It all pretty much came down to the decision of sacfrice bunting Beckham over, when has that ever worked out in our favour? You knew Dunn would be coming up and Konerko, who has been one of the worst players in the league that past month and a half, so why bunt.

+100000000000000000000000000

Bunting there did nothing but play right into KC's hands. Also, with how shaky our pitching is right now, playing for one run in the 7th inning seemed too conservative, and ADA has swung the bat well tonight and had a huge hole between 1st and 2nd.

Edited by fathom