Favorite Random Hawk exclamation?

southsider2k5

Oh yeah,,, just remembered something...............sorry....dont mean to turn the tables off of the Hawk comments, but here is one that crossed my mind regarding Harry carray when he announced for the Sox. The pitcher was Pablo Torrealba...........and he was not doing well at all. A real bad outing. Harry Carray said on television REAL CLEAR and disgustingly yelled out. "Pablo Torrealba!! Man...Where'd they get this guy????!" WOW....what a humiliation for Pablo............... and for his family if they were all watching on TV. Probably the harshed comment I have heard a home town announcer give towards a young guy that is trying to make it in the big leagues for the home town club. That was brutal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a game either last year or the year prior, we were having a meeting on the mound of some sort. Joe West who was umpiring at first went to the mound to break it up. Hawk was really upset by this and shouted "If you didnt want to work, you shouldnt have hired out!" Lolz.

I loooove Hawk. As a person who has lived on the West coast his entire life, Im very proud to state that I was in attendance for the C'mon Timo! game. LOL Ben Davis.

"You couldn't pull a credit card outta my behind with a pair of pliers."

"A hiney bird is a bird that flies in perfectly concentric circles over and over until it eventually disappears up his own behind forever." And he was right, too.

Best Hawk ever is uncontrollable laughing fit Hawk. My favorite Hawk moment is an AB where Gordon fouled a ball off his nuts and Hawk laughed about it for about a good 3-4 minutes. His laugh is like "uh-heeee heeeeep heeeep-uh-heeee-heeeep uh heeeeee!" Poor Stoney didn't know what to do with himself.

I like the banter between DJ and Farmio too. DJ's absolutely nuts. I wish they'd talk about baseball more though. The leave a lot out and some of what you hear is beyond stupid, i.e. Farmio recently detailing how he wouldn't associate in any form with members of the opposing team while he was playing them, given how they were the enemy and whatnot. Farmio's a dick. If I ever meet him I'm going to give him a coin and ask that he pass said coin on to the next asshole he comes into contact with, and I'll do it wearing my cap like CC Sabathia.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
Was that the game where he hit a HR in the 9th to tie it, and a HR in the 10th to win it? If so, I was at that game, and it's my earliest memory at a game (despite having gone to plenty before that).

Yep, that was the one! Against the Indians on September 20th.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/wrap....p&team=home

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
I swear that I may be imagining this (or possibly it's a Farmer call) but Frank hit a walkoff against the Twins sometime in 03 or 04 after a wild game and it went

SWUNG ON DEEP AND INTO THE NIGHT

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD

That sounds like a Farmer call to me.