White Sox vs. Twins 8/1/12

Quin

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
In a CLUTCH situation my list would honestly be:

Paulie

AJ

Then Rios

Why are things changing in a clutch situation? Because someone has been clutch in big moments in the past?

Would you rather have Craig Counsell or Joe Mauer up bottom of the ninth two outs down one with runners on?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
I know one thing, if Gordon Beckham was hitting second and struck out after a lead off double, he would have been skewered on this board. Youkilis does it, and not a peep. 5 out his last 40.

Youk won 5 games by himself so far this year. How many has Beckham won?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
I know one thing, if Gordon Beckham was hitting second and struck out after a lead off double, he would have been skewered on this board. Youkilis does it, and not a peep. 5 out his last 40.

5 for 40 is about 5 hits more than Hudson was giving us in those 40 AB's, so he is excused.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
The thing with Konerko is the decline we've always been waiting for and never getting......the tale of Jermaine Dye shows how that decline--when it does come--can be painfully immediate when it does set in

So you're suggesting that Paulie is done?

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Why are things changing in a clutch situation? Because someone has been clutch in big moments in the past?

Would you rather have Craig Counsell or Joe Mauer up bottom of the ninth two outs down one with runners on?

A-Rod's career playoff OPS is .045 higher than Derek Jeter's. But ask a casual fan who is more clutch when it matters?

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)

That is exactly why. Plus I think Paulie & AJ are just better hitters than Rios. The guy is having a great season, but so are Paulie & AJ.

As for the Counsell or Mauer question I really see no point in answering that.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
That is exactly why. Plus I think Paulie & AJ are just better hitters than Rios. The guy is having a great season, but so are Paulie & AJ.

I dunno, Rios was great in Toronto and now that he isn't standing like a retard up there he is batting great here too. Konerko is the better hitter out of the two I think, but I'd give Rios the edge over A.J.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)

There's plenty of point in it.

Just because someone has had a clutch hit in the past, it does not indicate how many clutch hits they will have in the future.

Baseball is a chaotic game, period. yet tons of energy is expended on making it not so.

So to want AJ to bat over better hitters because "he has been clutch" is not a good reason at all.

Edited by Jose Paniagua